• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Flexi8 help...

B13 Signs

I opened flexi8 today on my windows 10 PC and found that I had no communication between my cut/plot setup and my production manager. When I hit send it does absolutely nothing .... I can go into my PM properties from my Cut/Plot setup and test cut from there. and that works. so I know the PM is communicating with the cutter. which is a vinyl express Q100 ... but when I tried I change the setting to "Hold in List" in flexi nothing is sent to the PM? And when I send a test to my PM when the cutter is set on inactive is does hold it in the list.

It has been a few days since I used the cutter maybe five? but I have a feeling that it may be something with the newest Update for Windows 10 that just got installed?

Is anyone else getting problem from these updates? and/or do you think these things are related?

Please if anyone can help... for now I am just using my cut feature on my printer.

Thank you in advance...
B

FrankW

If the production Manager works, Flexi too, but the connection between them fails, as a workaround you could select Menu "Edit - Preferences", point on tab "Tools" and select the Icon "RIP and Print" (or Cut/Plot depending on the version you have). There de-select the default value "Connect to local Production Manager using TCP/IP". Regularly Flexi and the PM communicate with TCP/IP, this communication can be blocked by firewall- or security software actions. If de-selecting it, you will not have a view on the queue in the upper part of the Cut/Plot-Window anymore, but the software will connect to the PM.

B13 Signs

Okay, Update... I tried everything suggested with the settings in default preferences and found it didn't help the communication. In fact it was already toggled off b/c I am using a USB cable to run the cutter. So I ended up rolling back my windows 10 update, which was more that just a restore point. this newest update with window is a whole new version, but after the uninstall everything went back to normal and everything is cutting again.

I am sure that it was just some box to check or permission to allow that would have been the solution... but I really didn't have the time to go through ever new update that came with the new version and I am sure others with have this same problem in the future. SO I hope this helps future Me's out there... and some one can figure out the fix to update to the new version of windows 10 so this doesn't happen.

Thank you for your help and be safe.
B

FrankW

Flexi 8 is not approved for Windows 10. With using Flexi 8, you risk things of this kind with every little system Upgrade. It wont help to surpress one update only.

I work for a dealer, and we sell Gerber Omega too. While only Omega since 5.0 is approved for Windows 10, older versions have worked too ... until a service update of windows 10 in march: since then the cursor disappears when moving it on the workspace, So the app went unusable. I had a lot of desperated people on the phone during the last few weeks.

Attila Nagy

Production manager is a local server. When you first start PM windows ask you to allow network access. Firewalls blocks it in default. make sure Inbound rule Allowed for App2.exe.