• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need font for dimensional letters?

JERHEMI

What font is used in this state seal? Also, I'm tasked with making dimensional letters for one of our state senators office and he wants the same font in the seal. I'm afraid the stroke width of these particular letters is going to make it difficult, so can you recommend a font family that looks close, but has a bold and black (extra bold) version that would be more ideal for dimensional letters only 2" tall? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• State Seal.jpg
    State Seal.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 222

Jean Shimp

How close does it have to be to the font in the seal? The font is obviously in the Roman family but there are so many variations of Roman styles. Most people wouldn't object to a Times Bold. If the letters are only 2" I would order them from Gemini.

JERHEMI

How close does it have to be to the font in the seal? The font is obviously in the Roman family but there are so many variations of Roman styles. Most people wouldn't object to a Times Bold. If the letters are only 2" I would order them from Gemini.

He just wants it close to the font in the seal. Definitely having Gemini make them.

You can download any and all of the fonts Gemini uses from their website. That way you compare them easily to the seal. And you can make your own pattern that way if you like.

JERHEMI

You can download any and all of the fonts Gemini uses from their website. That way you compare them easily to the seal. And you can make your own pattern that way if you like.

That sounds helpful! Can you point me in the direction of downloading fonts from Gemini? I see a bunch of "resources", but don't see font downloads.

If you have registered as a partner on their website, when you login you go to your dashboard page. There are links there for:

Catalog Estimator
Digital Price List
Plaques Estimator
Upload Artwork
Track Order
Standard Font Library

JERHEMI

I'm confused. Go online, get the state seal. Break it apart. Grab the letters. Done and done.

I need to add the senators name along with his district in dimensional letters along side this plaque on the wall. Unfortunately the state seal logo doesn't have all the letters of the alphabet and numbers to break a part to spell his name and district number.