• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Font Help

LUV DEM TIGERS

I have the worse time with Find My Font when the fonts have been compressed. And I swear it popped up but before I could get a good look at all the letters it disappeared and was not on the font choices.
SCSA Palmetto 2 (002).png

JimmyG

All of this lettering artwork has grey drop shades which makes it really hard to run thru font ID software on web online or with purchased ID software.

SignosaurusRex

The top line is a different font than the bottom two. The C and T are tell-tale and the U is completely out of element. The U has a heavier weight and appears to be a modified lower case character.
Whoever put that together was also completely out of their element. Very amateur to say the least.

Last edited:

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Thanks. I need to start just jotting down the names of fonts when they first pop up. This isn't the first time I have had it pop one up that looked good but never showed it again. And then it will show something that doesn't even look close.
That could help. Also, study up on typography! :)

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The top line is a different font than the bottom two. The C and T are tell-tale and the U is completely out of element. The U has a heavier weight and appears to be a modified lower case character.
Whoever put that together was also completely out of their element. Very amateur to say the least.

All three are the same font as far as I an see ... each has been squeezed to a different degree.

SignosaurusRex

All three are the same font as far as I an see ... each has been squeezed to a different degree.

Fred, take a close look at the following aspects of the top line compared to the bottom two lines.

T ...has a Spur on both Beaks.
C ...the Terminal is shorter and does not make a complete turn upward.
A ...the Apex is wider, If the font used in the bottom two lines were to be use for the top and simply condensed, the apex would be far narrower.