• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help asap please: Error 0 92 Overload

0igo

I was just printing fine and all of a sudden I hear a loud bang like something inside my printer fell and then I get an error e 0 92 error overload. Never had this happen before. Anyone seen this before? Thanks in advance

Mutoh 1624

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The error is a CR motor overload which just means the printer tried to move the head but didn't receive feedback that it actually moved. Most CR motor errors are caused by head strikes and/or dirty encoder strips. Since you heard a bang, check around the head and motor/drive system to make sure there isn't anything physically stopping the head from moving freely. After inspection, with the machine turned off, move the head back and forth. It should feel smooth with very little resistance.

If everything looks and feels good physically, clean your encoder strip and sensor. Clean and grease the rail if you haven't in about 6 months. If the problem persists, you most likely have an electrical issue, encoder damage, and/or encoder sensor failure. If the problem goes away, it was most likely a fluke/electrical fluctuation that the printer did not like.

0igo

UPDATE: TEMP FIX before my printer took a Jacuzzi vacation in its own ink. fml

... see thing pointing up in the pic, that metal part shifted over a few degrees (its supposed to be at 90). to fix push it to the right and presto! TEMP FIX.

Attachments

• 20160907_111553.jpg
    20160907_111553.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 1,374

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
UPDATE: TEMP FIX before my printer took a Jacuzzi vacation in its own ink. fml

... see thing pointing up in the pic, that metal part shifted over a few degrees (its supposed to be at 90). to fix push it to the right and presto! TEMP FIX.

That's the head lock mechanism and it malfunctions fairly regularly on these machines. This would be the thing that got in the way of your print head so the motor over loaded. So it's more of a fix fix if you ask me! The only other thing you could do is replace it so the metal starts out a little stronger but it may not be worth the time.

0igo

That's the head lock mechanism and it malfunctions fairly regularly on these machines. This would be the thing that got in the way of your print head so the motor over loaded. So it's more of a fix fix if you ask me! The only other thing you could do is replace it so the metal starts out a little stronger but it may not be worth the time.

thank you a lot i really appreciate the help, is there something i can do now to prevent that from happening again?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It's more of a design flaw. The head rests on the lock when it's not being used. Over time the metal just gives in and bends to the side the head is pushing towards. The higher end versions of that machine have a much more robust lock system and I am willing to be the next models from Mutoh will all have the new lock type.

henryp

thank you a lot i really appreciate the help, is there something i can do now to prevent that from happening again?

Try updating the firmware, the latest for the VJ-1624 is Main V3.01 and Heater Controller is V1.22

cano

me pasaba lo mimso con un printe mutoh 1638wx, me daba mucho el error err 092 over load limpie la cinta del codificador, puse grasa en el trayecto del cabezal y seguia lo mismo, lo ultimo que ise y me funciono fue que desconecte la maquina y con ella desconectada le di a encender y livero la estactica que teni luego conecte y encendi de nuevo y listo me fuciono y no me ah vuelto a dar el proble