• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help choosing a printer...

robinphoto

We are ready for a new printer. The 2 we are considering are the Epson GS6000 and the HP Z6100. We would appreciate any feedback on either of these (pros and cons). Thanx.

Mosh

Depends on what you plan to do. More info if you want a good answer.

If you plan on wrapping, neither.

noregrets

There is also a Latex version of the HP coming out, cant remember the exact model number, but look into that - but you need to let us know what you are going to be doing with it first

Dice

There is also a Latex version of the HP coming out, cant remember the exact model number, but look into that - but you need to let us know what you are going to be doing with it first

I would not get the latex printer as a first printer. It's not proven technology yet.

MachServTech

I would not get the latex printer as a first printer. It's not proven technology yet.

I have used the HP L25500 and it is all it is touted to be. Although the image quality is not as good as the Epson GS6000 (larger drop size) (both printers should yield band free printing) the long term reliability outlook for the new HP is better. The user replaceable printheads, no solvent VOC, instant finishing after printing and extremely low cost of the inks give it an advantage over the Epson GS6000.