• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions need help choosing the right floor vinyl for social distancing stickers

bannertime

Aye, that's going to depend on the floor. Or if it's indoors or not. Or how long it needs to last. Or well I keep thinking of more things it depends on every time I save the changes.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
GF matched set or 3m IJ4 with 3645 depending on the budget for indoor or Walk & Wall and Alumagraphics Grip for outside. Walk and wall can be used for indoors but be careful with it on certain floors.

C

ColoPrinthead

I am using Avery 2120 with 2080 DOL. If I wanted the graphics I am making/have made to last a long time I would use Alumagraphics.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
We're running an order right now and are using GF 210 HTAPAE w/ Avery DOL 2080.

Combination of high-tack, air-egress vinyl and non-slip laminate.

OhioSigns

Haven't done any outdoor floor decals but I use 3M 40C-10R with 3M 3645 for indoor on concrete, vinyl, wood, etc.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Carpet would be Walk and Wall or similar. With a caveat....it CAN roll up at the edges or puncture.

graphix45

I'm quoting a job now for the local mall for social distancing floor graphics. Their floors are indoor and very smooth/polished. I'm thinking permanent adhesive Avery vinyl with a matte laminate would work. Or do I have to use a anti-slip laminate?

C

ColoPrinthead

I'm quoting a job now for the local mall for social distancing floor graphics. Their floors are indoor and very smooth/polished. I'm thinking permanent adhesive Avery vinyl with a matte laminate would work. Or do I have to use a anti-slip laminate?
Avery DOL 2080 us UL listed slip resistant, while I was waiting for a few rolls to arrive I learned the 3000 series DOL is as well so I used it on 2923 until I got the 2120.

ikarasu

Ij40 + 8509 for cheap ones with not too much foot traffic.

Ij40 + 3624 of its a really high traffic area.

A lot of you guys mention using the non overlam needed floor decals... How do you find they hold up? Even ij40+8509 we end up having to replace them in a month or so. One shop gets their floor cleaned every 2 weeks and they run a genie scrubber over them and it just destroys them. We've tried to talk them into 3624 overlam since it should last a lot longer... But it's like 3x the price and they scoff at that, say they'll just keep putting new ones down as needed since they don't all get ruined... But I can't imagine a non laminated one lasting too long... Our suppliers keen trying to sell us on it though. Anyone care to Weigh in on longevity?

bannertime

A lot of you guys mention using the non overlam needed floor decals... How do you find they hold up? Even ij40+8509 we end up having to replace them in a month or so. One shop gets their floor cleaned every 2 weeks and they run a genie scrubber over them and it just destroys them. We've tried to talk them into 3624 overlam since it should last a lot longer... But it's like 3x the price and they scoff at that, say they'll just keep putting new ones down as needed since they don't all get ruined... But I can't imagine a non laminated one lasting too long... Our suppliers keen trying to sell us on it though. Anyone care to Weigh in on longevity?

Using HP Latex inks on the Walk N Wall and Alumigraphics Grip we've seen up to 6 months outdoors. We did a theme park and in the areas that didn't have the black top, they lasted the full season. Otherwise they were only good for about 1-3 months. We don't recommend the Walk N Wall for more than a few weeks outdoor, especially if it has heavy ink coverage. Indoors, it's lasted much longer.