• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

NEED HELP IN CHANGING TRAILING ARM CABLES

PJ758

I've got a CJV150-130 does anyone have instructions on to how to go about chaning the cables in the trailing arm ? i need to change my cables since they are bad.

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
i've never seen instructions but you basically disassemble the plastic housing that holds the cable and the ink lines piece by piece and run a new cable through it. The plastic house links snap off using a small flat head screwdriver if I remember correctly. It's not difficult but it does take a long time. If you start on one end and and just copy the placement of the cable (what clips hold it down etc) as you install the new one you'll be okay. If you're not that technically proficient you might find a tech to do this one for you though. It's honestly not that difficult but you do need a lot of patience for this one. If in doubt, take pics at every step so you can put it back together correctly.

Smoke_Jaguar

gaffa tape the new one on to the old one and pull it through
I do this with low tack masking tape and wrap the electrical connection ends in some paper to keep them from snagging and getting damaged. Fish the new cable in with the old. Works well with ink lines too, just use a male/male barb fitting for those. Saved me HOURS of work.