• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help in figuring out what type of server…

Rodi

My wife is planning on opening a business which she needs software to run it. It is a hair salon, and I would like to run the program from a server (the software will do that with an asp, I think?). At first there will be two computers hooked up, they would be online. We also would like to have WIFI available for the clients. How much of a server would I need to run this one program and quickbooks? Some salons run it on a desktop, but I am fanatic about keeping data clean, as this is mostly a retail and reports program as well as scheduling program.

We have plans to grow the business, but I do not foresee using more than 3 computers to the program.

I have looked at servers from Dell, HP I am thinking about rackmount to save energy and limited space.

Would I be a good candidate for Windows Server 2008 Foundation?

What do ya think?

Last edited: