• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help on starting a Mobile Phone Skins business

Waseem

Hi,
Im in the process of getting a website similar to gelaskins started up.
I have no experience in this field, so am going to outsource most my work, however what i need to know is what is the process of creating the the vinyl skins.
Am i correct to assume that i need to get 1:1 scale templates made and then get them designed.
Also after this what would the process be?

Im sorry if these are real basic questions..

Smacka

Hi,
Im in the process of getting a website similar to gelaskins started up.
I have no experience in this field, so am going to outsource most my work, however what i need to know is what is the process of creating the the vinyl skins.
Am i correct to assume that i need to get 1:1 scale templates made and then get them designed.
Also after this what would the process be?

Im sorry if these are real basic questions..

Well, I think you are putting the cart before the horse on this. Why would you start a web site to sell these products before you know anything about them? My advice would be to find out if you can even do this. Making them would be expensive (probably too expensive to sell competitively) and having them made would require bulk orders to keep the cost down. Either way, you better know what you are doing and have very good startup capital.

As for the scaling, I would assume 1:1 but I myself am unfamiliar with the particulars. If you do decide to jump in with both feet, good luck to you!:toasting:

Waseem

Well, I think you are putting the cart before the horse on this. Why would you start a web site to sell these products before you know anything about them? My advice would be to find out if you can even do this. Making them would be expensive (probably too expensive to sell competitively) and having them made would require bulk orders to keep the cost down. Either way, you better know what you are doing and have very good startup capital.

As for the scaling, I would assume 1:1 but I myself am unfamiliar with the particulars. If you do decide to jump in with both feet, good luck to you!:toasting:

Thanks for the reply.
We currently do get them made abroad but the problem is as you say the quantities they ask for are too high to have a good selection available.

Im obviously going to do my research beforehand, however at the moment only obstacle seems to be getting that 1:1 templates, hopefully once ive overcome this it should be a little more easier..