• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Need help setting up flexi for print and cut

kheebl

Let me start by saying I have been using flexi 10 for year running my 2 plotters (Roland and Graphtec). Well anyways I just picked up a used 60” mimaki printer (also came with a computer with flexi 10) and want to add it to my setup. My problem I’m having is I don’t have space for the monster of a printer in the area where my plotters are located. Basically I have the plotters on one computer and the printer on another computer. How can I get the contour cuts to work with my setup? I have figured out I can send either print or cut files from either machine on my network. Is there a way I can completely bypass using my network and setup print and cut file on say the printer computer then somehow save the cut file to a flash drive and load it on the plotter computer?

Sorry if this doesn’t make sense. It’s ok feel free to call me an idiot

I’m also a 1 man operation so the easiest method to do this is best.

Attila Nagy

Add a Generic Text/Only Printer to the port where your cutter is connected Name it for a friendly name and Share it over the network. DoNOT make it default printer. On the other computer where Flexi installed add the cutter and browse for the shared Printer driver on the other computer. Windows file and printer share needs to be enabled on the Network.
MSG me if any Problems.

kheebl

Add a Generic Text/Only Printer to the port where your cutter is connected Name it for a friendly name and Share it over the network. DoNOT make it default printer. On the other computer where Flexi installed add the cutter and browse for the shared Printer driver on the other computer. Windows file and printer share needs to be enabled on the Network.
MSG me if any Problems.
Thank you. I’m going to give it a try. I’m sure I’ll have to pm you for some help.

karst41

What about the registration marks for the contour cut will they be in the same place if I do what you suggested.

You want Flexi 10 to control everything and connect via ethernet to the printer.
My HP Latex is over 30' away, USB aint gonna work at that distance.
The graphtec is next to the work station, usb or ethernet is fine.

Just make a small RIP Station for the Printer and Cutter even if is a non sitting station.

The other plotter can run off your other software in a different room.

I create my layouts on One computer and save to a Thumb drive,
take it to the RIP Station, load the file, adjust the settings accordingly.

I connect to the internet often on the computer that I create my layouts on
and therefore DoNot connect to the RIP Station.

Save a copy of All files to a separate HD.
You get a virus or that station goes down, you are gonna be in a world of hurt.

SAI has tons of How to Videos on YouTube. Is a great resource.

Bill DiStasio

Let me start by saying I have been using flexi 10 for year running my 2 plotters (Roland and Graphtec). Well anyways I just picked up a used 60” mimaki printer (also came with a computer with flexi 10) and want to add it to my setup. My problem I’m having is I don’t have space for the monster of a printer in the area where my plotters are located. Basically I have the plotters on one computer and the printer on another computer. How can I get the contour cuts to work with my setup? I have figured out I can send either print or cut files from either machine on my network. Is there a way I can completely bypass using my network and setup print and cut file on say the printer computer then somehow save the cut file to a flash drive and load it on the plotter computer?

Sorry if this doesn’t make sense. It’s ok feel free to call me an idiot

I’m also a 1 man operation so the easiest method to do this is best.
Just set them all up on wired tcp/ip and you can send it anywhere you want to.

kheebl

Just set them all up on wired tcp/ip and you can send it anywhere you want to.
I wish I could do that. My plotters and printer don’t have a lan port on them. But I figured it out for the time being. I send the print from the rip computer then close that production manager and open the network production manager on the plotter computer and send the cut file. It’s not very streamlined but it’s t works and I’m a 1 man operation so the extra steps are fine to deal with.