• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Need help sourcing a weird material

Mr. Signboy

I have a customer that is going into business producing pasties ( basically stickers that cover nipples, usually worn by strippers, bikini baristas,etc…) I obviously don’t know much about these, nor have I ever produced any, but I don’t really turn anyone away, if it can be made, I will certainly try!

So my question is, where do I source a printable material for these? He gave me a few samples and they seem like they’re made of something like a really thin neoprene, others were more like the really nice fabric band-aid material.

I’d love to find something that already has adhesive, but if not I can add it. Ideally anything on a roll would be great but I can use a flat bed printer if it’s not.

I have an HP 570, soon to have an HP800, a Canon 1650, a Vanguard VK 300D, and a Zund G3, so I feel like whatever is out there, I’ll have equipment to work with it.

Any advice would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance.

Excel

I have a customer that is going into business producing pasties ( basically stickers that cover nipples, usually worn by strippers, bikini baristas,etc…) I obviously don’t know much about these, nor have I ever produced any, but I don’t really turn anyone away, if it can be made, I will certainly try!

So my question is, where do I source a printable material for these? He gave me a few samples and they seem like they’re made of something like a really thin neoprene, others were more like the really nice fabric band-aid material.

I’d love to find something that already has adhesive, but if not I can add it. Ideally anything on a roll would be great but I can use a flat bed printer if it’s not.

I have an HP 570, soon to have an HP800, a Canon 1650, a Vanguard VK 300D, and a Zund G3, so I feel like whatever is out there, I’ll have equipment to work with it.

Any advice would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance.
you could try

visual800

Customer wants to print his own designs otherwise that would be a good option.
of course he does! Well this was a first for googling. I see you have tons on etsy for about $3-$5 per pair, some sellers was selling 6 pair for $3. One of the sellers was a company that does this and their stuff was "medical grade reusable for $25, seems to me that would be like a pad type adhesion thats on an electrical lead. IDK. Having said this I think I would direct him to a website and get rid of him before he clogs you down with BS designs. If you can buy these for $3 on etsy, theres no profit for a printer like yourself on this. He would have to sell high quantity. Im not being negative I just see this as a waste of time for you for his pipedream

Mr. Signboy

of course he does! Well this was a first for googling. I see you have tons on etsy for about $3-$5 per pair, some sellers was selling 6 pair for $3. One of the sellers was a company that does this and their stuff was "medical grade reusable for $25, seems to me that would be like a pad type adhesion thats on an electrical lead. IDK. Having said this I think I would direct him to a website and get rid of him before he clogs you down with BS designs. If you can buy these for $3 on etsy, theres no profit for a printer like yourself on this. He would have to sell high quantity. Im not being negative I just see this as a waste of time for you for his pipedream
I explained this to him already and he seems pretty set on his plan, we’ve agreed already on orders of 500+ sets at a time that way regardless of his success level it will be worth it for me. He seems to think he has an edge that his competitors don’t, who am I to kill his dream lol.