• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help Summa S140 D series

Kornelius

The cutting head hits the side, pulls back, jerks in place, and snaps into position. The maximum that I can cut is 10 centimeters wide

jerry369

Look at the display, your plotter thinks it's an S75D, and since the S75D only has two pinch rollers it stops at the second one.

S75D.jpg

jerry369

You have to enter in service mode and set the right model. You can use Summa Cutter Control or directly from the diplay of the plotter.
I'm sorry but I don't remember the procedure to enter service mode and what is the right code model for an old Sclass 140D

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
how do i fix this?
Good afternoon,

You can fix this by going into the service menu on the touchscreen menu on the cutter. You can access the service menu by pressing down and holding under the S in Summa(should be top left) and then select service menu. When you are in the service menu you just need to scroll down to select device and change this from the S75 to the S140. After that the plotter should properly execute the auto load process(this is where it detects the pinch rollers and measures the length of the media using the media sensors) and you can send cut files that will cut the full area between the outer two pinch rollers.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext. 112
philj@airmark.com

Kornelius

I can't get into the service menu. I press under s75 does not respond. I click in the left corner enters set origen and nothing more
IMG-f2a23d3df3f84ddaea3eabeae4316551-V.jpg

Saturn

Aging Member
You can fix this by going into the service menu on the touchscreen menu on the cutter. You can access the service menu by pressing down and holding under the S in Summa(should be top left) and then select service menu. When you are in the service menu you just need to scroll down to select device and change this from the S75 to the S140. After that the plotter should properly execute the auto load process(this is where it detects the pinch rollers and measures the length of the media using the media sensors) and you can send cut files that will cut the full area between the outer two pinch rollers.

Do you need to be do this just as it's powering on, like with the S2's?

For my machine you need to power it off, then switch it on and hold the upper left corner as the home screen loads.