• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help to resuscitate a HS-15+ plotter

RG

Yes, I bought it used & untested. It probably belongs in a museum, but I'm trying to give it one, last shot at life. When I first unpacked it, cleaned it up, and oiled it, it worked sometimes. When I powered it up, it went through its start up routine just as it should. Maybe 2 out of 10 tries it would cut OK. The other 8 times it would do nothing--the production manager in Flexi would seem to freeze and say "cutting 0". Once in a while it would give the error message #19 (Illegal plot data command). I thought maybe something had jarred loose in shipping. So, I took off some covers and checked connections. When I powered it up again, I get the error message #5 (Power relay open) and it won't do anything. Can anyone give me some suggestions as to what to try to fix the "Power relay open" error? Thanks in advance.