• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help with 7' x 19' blank banner pieces

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I need two pieces of blank banner material 7' x 19'. They are to put in two gallery windows to act as curtains/blinds/blockout. They originally asked to put white static cling in the windows but i think just putting a blank blockout banner in the windows will be easier and more cost effective.

I can buy a 98" x 164" roll for $455 from Gimco but i would have no use for the 126' that would be left on the roll. Can any one who prints large banners give me a cost on just two blank pieces 7' x 19'.

I'm thinking 18oz, i don't think edge curl will matter too much for what they are so not necessary to hem the edges

Thanks

Dave

JBurton

Signtologist
So, you will want to be careful as far as how much blockout a banner will have when compared to something like a blockout curtain. I'd give my guys over at Miratec a shout and see what they recommend, if opacity wasn't a concern I'd call on a billboard manufacturer. For instance, I just got a pair of banners from miratec for an unveiling a new set of channel letters. Aside from the $500 freight to have it next day, it was 2) 9'x22' at $261 each. That would probably cover the cost of a whole 20'x40' billboard face, and that comes with free shipping.

tulsagraphics

order banner from any of the trade printers and upload a blank file and select no hem/grommet etc and you'll receive blank banner material
Or depending on how you're going to hang it... have 'em weld in some top/bottom pole pockets. Each banner will probably weigh around 15lbs. A piece of conduit and a couple of brackets on each side of the window should do the trick. (and another piece of conduit in the bottom to keep it taut)