• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Need help with conversion Roland VS640i from 2xCMYK to CMYK Orange Green

dylanfromwell

Hi all, this is my first post so I hope I’m doing this right.

So here is my problem: I am making decals for motocross bikes and the 2xCMYK bulk ink setup in my Roland vs640i (Versaworks RIP) limits the possibility to reach the desired colors. I would like to match KTM orange or Kawasaki Green, but they are simply way out of gamut. I already profiled everything with an i1pro2 and I use the Roland spot color library.

The newest Roland machines support green and orange ink and with these I am told the desired colors are easily reached.

Is there a way to convert my Roland to an orange and green setup? I called my local Roland dealer and they said it’s not possible. But then I found these topics below describing the usage of Epson inks in combination with the cmyk roland inks and Onyx RIP software. It looks very interesting but I don’t know where to start (who to call to do this):

Also I found this company who sells ink cartridges specially for the VSi printers, but they are incredibly expensive (€119 for 220ml!) maybe I can only use the orange and green and keep my CMYK bulk system?

I hope you guys have some suggestions or tips what to do and not to do!

Cheers, Dylan

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk