• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help with Flexi and Summa Barcode

InkHead

I need some help in getting Summa automatic barcode cutting with Flexi. We use the Summa S2 T160 OPOS Cam. In Summa Cutter Control, I am getting "File Not Found xxxxxxxxxxx" this is the barcode ID. Here are my settings and what I'm doing:

1. In Flexi I have OPOS Option as OPOS XY and Use Barcode checked
2. I print my file and the registration mark shows up just fine.
3. I am running Summa Cutter Control and select "Barcode Server" and Start Barcode Server
4. The file is pointing to the Flexjobs -> Summa -> TSERIESS2160 Folder. I see the files labeled as Filename.job
5. The cut files are in PM in the "Hold" Section
6. I click on the barcode Icon in Summa Cutter Control under Barcode Server.
7. The Log File window says "Waiting for barcode" and on the Summa screen it says "Set Tool Under Barcode"
8. I set the tool under the barcode and click apply
9. The cutter head moves and scans the barcode and then goes back to place.
10. In Summa Cutter Control, the Log Window says "File Not Found for 80533453271"
11. When I look in PM at the files sitting in hold, the barcode ID matches. There is a 80533453271 Barcode ID.

So what am I doing wrong here? Any help would be appreciated.

Attila Nagy

I think you should not need to hold the file in PM. Set the plotter output as file and point it to the TSERIESS2160 folder. Your barcode server is not PM, Summacuttercontrol is.

InkHead

I think you should not need to hold the file in PM. Set the plotter output as file and point it to the TSERIESS2160 folder. Your barcode server is not PM, Summacuttercontrol is.
Where do you set the plotter output as file?

I verified the files are indeed located in: C:\Program Files\SAi\SAi Production Suite 21\Jobs and Settings\FlexiJobs\Summa\TSERIESS2160

This is the folder Summa cutter control is pointing to.

Attachments

• summa.png
    summa.png
    157.7 KB · Views: 184

FrankW

If you want to use the SCC barcode server, you have to forward the files out of PM by „sending“ them. Depending on the version of Flexi you use, barcode server functionality is available too in Production Manager. But, with OPOS CAM, even if using the PM-Server, SCC needs to remain open (because the camera driver is integrated into SCC).

Attila Nagy

In PM cutter setup. 'How is your xxx connected to your computer' scroll down to select File, and browse for the folder.
Yo may need to add an other cutter with a different output setup if you wish to cut directly from Flexi later.

InkHead

If you want to use the SCC barcode server, you have to forward the files out of PM by „sending“ them. Depending on the version of Flexi you use, barcode server functionality is available too in Production Manager. But, with OPOS CAM, even if using the PM-Server, SCC needs to remain open (because the camera driver is integrated into SCC).
Thanks for the info. I have also tried manually sending each file. This is what we have been doing as when you send a file, the cutter activates and has you place the head over the reg mark and then cuts the file that was sent.

Its not "reading" the barcode. Summa Cutter control is open.

InkHead

In PM cutter setup. 'How is your xxx connected to your computer' scroll down to select File, and browse for the folder.
Yo may need to add an other cutter with a different output setup if you wish to cut directly from Flexi later.
It is currently set to Summa USB. I created a new cutter pointing it to the new folder it created. Same outcome.

I get "Barcode Received: 80539625380
File not found for 80539625380.

Last edited:

InkHead

This worked! I initially did it wrong by selecting the folder path instead of selecting "FILE:" and then on the middle of the screen selecting browse and point to the right folder.

I appreciate everyone's help. Was really lost there for a bit.