• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need HELP with moving Flexi 8.6 to a new Windows 11 PC.

PCI Sign

I have a legal copy of Flexi Sign Pro 8.6 (w/dongle) that has survived because it is only used as a stand alone on a vinyl cutter. I like it and it does what I want and need. Finally the time has come to move it to a new computer and it seems that Sai Flexi offers no support at all. No surprise. All of the tech videos and help seem to think you have a new version on the cloud. The references to older versions says to download Flexi and when prompted submit your registration/ activation number (which I have) but what am I downloading v22? Has anyone accomplished a similar move lately? I know it is probably something dumb that I’m missing but I have become bleary eyed trying to find the answer. Can anyone help?

jimdtg

SAi is no longer support legacy Flexi versions, but if you still have dongle so I think your version 8.6 may work on Windows 11. Have you tried install 8.6 on Windows 11 yet?

FrankW

You will not get any Flexi 8.6-Install files per official downloads anymore, perhaps you are lucky and someone still have some (if you don´t).

But even if you get a download, it is really possible that you run into problems, Flexi 8.5 is around 15 years old.

ProSignTN

It was a harrowing and stressful few days, but I managed to create a virtual OS (XP) in Win7 pro to run an old Photoshop program. Something to consider.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
No clue if it would work (don't have Windows 11 yet) but along the lines of what ProSignTN said... (I'm going from memory, so I may miss a step, but it's something like) install the program as normal. After the install, but BEFORE attempting to run the program, right click on the program file in Explorer and select "Run as Administrator". This might solve any compatibility issues without your having to change anything (if it works, just remember that's how you always need to open the program). If it doesn't work, try right-clicking on the file and selecting "Properties", then go to the tab marked "Compatibility" and either run the compatibility troubleshooter or check the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode" and use the drop down to find your version of Windows. That should make it work. If not, you may be stuck- though there are folks on here who are a lot more computer savvy than I am (I'm somewhere in the "know enough to get by" level of expertise).
Good luck.

PCI Sign

SAi is no longer support legacy Flexi versions, but if you still have dongle so I think your version 8.6 may work on Windows 11. Have you tried install 8.6 on Windows 11 yet?
I’m not sure where to find Flexi 8.6 to download. It’s been so long I don’t know where my copy of 8.6 came from. I know I had v5 discs but I think when I upgraded they sent me a digital copy? Is there a place for old versions on their website?

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
If you don't have the install CD/DVD or didn't save the install files on a backup drive somewhere, you're probably going to be S.O.L. There's no way (at least no way I could imagine) that SAi will send you copies of them, because of the age and because they want you to buy the new version.
As far as the new one, unless they've changed this in the past couple of months, you do not have to use the cloud version. You can still buy install media, but you are "stuck" with whatever version you buy (no updates, support only good for as long as that version is current). Some people don't really mind that.

JBurton

Signtologist
Make a VHDX of your old install, run it in HyperV in windows 10/11, now whether or not it will drive the plotter is another matter, but at least Flexi will run with this method.

PCI Sign

Thanks everyone but just before I started off on my unfamiliar trip down that dark Utorrent path. I found my original 5.5 install discs from 1995 and my 8.6 update disc from 2008. The 8.6 update disc worked as an original download on my Windows 11 machine! If I can go another 15 years before I need the discs again, I’m golden. By the way if I’m too senile to remember where I put them, they will be in the bottom drawer of the old metal desk next to the extra floppy discs. I’m counting on you guys to remember. See y’all in 2038