• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Need help with PDF files please

okeesignguy

I have to print some COVID posters for Hampton Inn...
They sent me 12 PDFs and six of them are named similar and the other six are also named similarly...

I realize that the names have nothing to do with the file build EXCEPT for the fact that maybe they were built by different people...different dates or on different PCs...

One set of six all import nicely into my Flexi 10.5 but the other six come in looking corrupted...
I am attaching a jpg saved in my Flexi to show you...
The center six are obviously the bad files...

The same exact thing happens when I try to import them into photoshop 7.0...

I know that my software is old and I suspect that is the problem...
FYI...I am going on 70 years old and frankly I do not want to invest in newer software at this point in my career as I don't know how much longer I will be working :)
So please let's not make this about me needing to upgrade software LOL

I am attaching one of the "bad" files here for your review...
If there is a way to make them open in either of my programs that would be great...
HOWEVER if they can be converted to open in my software that would be awesome and I would need some help converting the six files...

Thank you for any help given :) Gary

Attachments

• corrupt.jpg
    corrupt.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 160
  • Hand-Hygiene_Poster.pdf
    280.9 KB · Views: 165

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I tried to open it in Illustrator and it gave an error of, "An unknown imaging construct was encountered." It loaded but was all messed up. If I open it in Acrobat it looks correct. My best guess is that one of the designers uses a different program to design that isn't saving PDFs properly. Can you bring it into production manager directly or do you need to work on it?

okeesignguy

I tried to open it in Illustrator and it gave an error of, "An unknown imaging construct was encountered." It loaded but was all messed up. If I open it in Acrobat it looks correct. My best guess is that one of the designers uses a different program to design that isn't saving PDFs properly. Can you bring it into production manager directly or do you need to work on it?

I forgot to mention that but yes...they open fine in Acrobat Reader but that's where it ends for me...
I know nothing about production manager...perhaps because I use Versa Works?

FYI....All twelve files were sent to me by our local HI and they got them directly from their website...

Thank you

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I forgot to mention that but yes...they open fine in Acrobat Reader but that's where it ends for me...
I know nothing about production manager...perhaps because I use Versa Works?

FYI....All twelve files were sent to me by our local HI and they got them directly from their website...

Thank you

Try opening it directly in VersaWorks then. A lot of the time the RIP can process things other programs can't.

okeesignguy

WTF! Who makes a 600 dpi transparent png for text, but makes the images out of vectors?
Saved it as a pdf from my pdf printer. Can you open this one?
Can you not just import the pdfs directly to your rip?

LOL I have no idea what you mean but whatever you did worked!
Thank you so much!
Would you be kind enough to help an old man and convert the other 5 for me ? :)

Just in case your answer is yes I am attaching them here...
Thank you...Thank you...Thank you!!!

Attachments

• Social-Distancing_Poster.pdf
    29.2 KB · Views: 140
  • Stay Safe poster.pdf
    484.8 KB · Views: 147
  • Wearing-Protective-Equipment_Poster.pdf
    464.9 KB · Views: 139

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Not sure if this will help but I printed to PDF from the original. Here are from 2 different print drivers.

Attachments

• Hand Hygiene 2.pdf
    575.5 KB · Views: 160
  • Hand-Hygiene_Poster3.pdf
    627.2 KB · Views: 150

okeesignguy

WTF! Who makes a 600 dpi transparent png for text, but makes the images out of vectors?
Saved it as a pdf from my pdf printer. Can you open this one?
Can you not just import the pdfs directly to your rip?

I hit send before I loaded them all....sorry....
I also forgot which one you already did so it's in there somewhere...

Man...from painting signs in the 1979 to cut vinyl and now digital printing...I need to retire! LOL
Thank you so very much sir for your help.

Attachments

• Removing-Gloves_Poster.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 165
  • Hand-Hygiene_Poster....2.pdf
    281.2 KB · Views: 148
  • Hand-Hygiene_Poster.pdf
    280.9 KB · Views: 138
  • Managing-Symptoms_Poster.pdf
    503 KB · Views: 149
  • Removing-Gloves_Poster.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 155

okeesignguy

Happy to help. I think there are some duplicates, but I just converted everything (I think) that you had uploaded. Some items had different cropped regions when resaving, so better double check your originals.
Man...I can't thank you enough...
Last night I was thinking how it was presumptuous of me to just assume you would help me with all of these and I felt bad that I just assumed instead of asking first and sending files afterwards...
Thank you very much for this :) Gary