• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help with pricing?

ArtesanosDesign

Hello...

My name is Mario Morales and own Artesanos Design Group..(I am on face book under that)

I was looking online for some help with a problem and I was hoping you could help.

I was recommended to a company and they asked me to do hand painted lettering on a building. I had never done that per-se but have qualifications ( I am a certified faux finisher, decorative artist, fine arts background do large an small scale projects). I took that project and they loved what I did and they keep sending me work (God's blessing) and have completed two projects in the last month.

They just asked me to do a project and my real dilemma is how much to charge for labor ,,,I have no idea....they will pay for materials and staging...I cant price it as a mural, faux finish etc...I will be using a boom to access...

Ihave to paint Cadillac Logo - on an old Hummer dealership building ...attached PDF has original construction plans. Additional pics have needed measurements for new "sign.

Can u please help me...

Thank you in advance..

Mario Morales

Attachments

• Project1.jpg
    Project1.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 183
  • Cadillacmeasured.jpg
    Cadillacmeasured.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 186
  • Full page photo.pdf
    232.2 KB · Views: 163
  • Untitled 3.jpg
    Untitled 3.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 181
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 197

player

Estimate your time, be generous, then multiply it by a healthy hourly rate, then up that price 20%.

I would give them a price with materials, so they are less involved. 50% of total up front, balance on completion.

Biker Scout

Oh, come'on now... famous old adage goes, "A mind of an artist is rarely in the body of a businessman." I find that very true.

I struggled with my worth for the majority of my life. Feelings of inadequacy, guilt for getting paid for my talents, brushing off compliments, doing things just for the sake of it, without any end financial goal in mind.

That is the most challenging aspect of being right brained. Nearly every famous artist died penniless. They made their living through grantors and commissions, oftentimes living as mere paupers.

However, that being said... humility in one's talents are no excuse to not be shrewd and knowledgable in all aspects that encompass your chosen field of work. One can never stop learning. After all, isn't that what this site is for? Learning.

Stanton

Oh, come'on now... famous old adage goes, "A mind of an artist is rarely in the body of a businessman." I find that very true...

Business is not a hobby.

Art is fun, I had fun. Loads of fun.
Decorated the San Diego skyline.
And the Las Vegas strip. And San Fransisco.

Charged more than worth.

If you don't lose 30% of your bids to the competition, you aren't pushing your price.

Might as well work at Walmart.

Signs is a business.