• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need help with printer problem

KRC SAFETY CO

I am running a mutoh falcon outdoor. Everything that i have tryed to print this week has been messed up. There is a pic attached of what the prints look like. But it is happening mostly on the right side of the print when facing the printer. Anyone have any idea why this is happening or how i can fix it? thank you in advance

Attachments

• printer_prob.jpg
    printer_prob.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 88

jiarby

Hard to see, but initially looks like possible media contamination. Can you peel off a foot or two and see if it goes away? May just the outside of the roll got messed up?

KRC SAFETY CO

I had one new roll. did a couple of prints. they were messing up. i thought it was a bad roll. so i took it back got a new roll and same thing was happening. so i tryed a differnt roll and samething is happening. i dont know it is driving me nuts tryin to figure it out

jiarby

In that case I'd suspect a nozzle clog. From the console, print a nozzle check. If you see missing ones then soak the head for a bit on a cleaning cloth soaked in cleaning solution (parked on the capping station)

rockz12

Specializing in the strange and unusual
Is it vertical (opposite heads) or horizontal (same direction as heads)? If it is vertical one of your heating elements are out of whack. If horizontal it looks like ink starvation (dampers)