• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help!!!

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
i have no idea if i'm posting this in the right forum...but here goes....

im at home just working on my pc (which runs vista), listening to my new finger 11 cd....the cd finished playing on media center...so i hit the play button on my keyboard, like normal, to start the cd over again...

an error popped (audo error : C00D11D2)...so i tried playing the cd with media player..same problem....next i tried using my other cd drive...SAME PROBLEM...so i hit the start menu key and pause break to bring up the device manager...i deleted both drives and rebooted....

windows found and installed the drives, but they still aren't playing cds....and on top of all of that, the two computers icon on the task bar that shows my internet connection (a little world if i'm connected and a red x if im not)is showing a red x, but i'm on the internet.....

i have no idea what's going on here, and was hoping that maybe someone would have idea as to what i can do.....

PLEASE!!!

PMG

from what i hear........its Vista so get use to it!!!!!! Sorry for your problems!!!!!

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
ive been running vista since the day it came out....and have never had a problem like this....that's why i really don't think it's vista....wouldn't it have done something like this before???

cOrKinSA

You may want to contact your software companies that supplied this stuff..other than that..how is this sign related?
Try www.driversguide.com
Ken
Probably because when all is said and done he will be 200 dollars short and 4 hrs screwed on tech support. Hey ask for help where you can.
Don't know a lick about Vista and Dell sent me the free upgrade but know way am I going to install it!!! Does the Vista CD not include some kind of option to reinstall your drivers &/or have you powered your system down for a few minutes and rebooted it?

Last edited:

gvgraphics

You may want to contact your software companies that supplied this stuff..other than that..how is this sign related?
Try www.driversguide.com
Ken

Ken, his post is in the "General Software" area. That is what this is for, to help people when having problems with software. Vista is software. Not trying to be rude, but more than just signs and sign software can be talked about.

pacmn

control pannel classic view Sound /Playback make sure you have Checked (Disable all enchancements)

signage

Did you check Device manager to see if everything is ok in their? Also do a google search on the error code and see what it says is causing it.

That is were I would start looking.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
thanks guys...i'm still working on it....it's strange...the speakers work fine...i can hear anything that plays on the internet, or in games that don't run from a cd....i popped in my son's arthur game and the game plays but the sound doesn't....i've got anti virus running a test right now....i'll let you guys know if i come across a solution...in case someone else has the same problem.....

after doing a google search, it turns out this isn't just on vista...a lot of people are having the same problem with xp....and the error code is just a basic code....nothing descriptive.....

cOrKinSA

Did you check your advance settings on your Audio Properties. Make sure to check if your CD Player audio Volume is up.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
it's not the volume, cause media player actually pops an error.....if it were just volume, i'd assume it wouldn't pop an error....

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
no, i actually deleted them and let windows reinstall them...the drivers aren't showing theres a problem....i'm actually chatting with hp right now...

signage

Did you try this?
Re: Error c00d11d2 when attempting to play a file permalink

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had the same problem with Windows Media Player (audio and video would not
play). I checked the "Disable all enhancements" in the Properties of Speakers
in Control Panel (Classic view) > Sound > Playback, and the problem went away.

Also check out this link:
http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2416702&SiteID=1

Last edited:

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
i did try the disable enhancements, and it worked, AFTER i talked with hp...what i actually had to do was uninstall the audio driver (not the cd driver)...reboot, and use the recovery manager to recover the driver, reboot again, download a 50+ meg file from windows update (for the driver), and reboot AGAIN....then while i was waiting for the second tech guy to look over the notes of the first session because i had lost ALL audio, i fiddled with the "disable all enhancements", and now i have all audio...

thanks for ALL the great suggestions...trust me, i tried them all

also, anyone that owns an hp...use their online chat tech support....it costs nothing, and they really do help you