• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help

M@CK

Hey guys,

I just replaced 3 printheads and damper on my mimaki and the yellow one just keeps dripping wen the machine is turned off for the night.
Can it be the dampers ?
Or even the printhead ?
Wen I print I don't get drops or line the print, and the quality is perfect.
I'm just loosing all my ink over night.

I'm running a JV3-250SP 2x4 with InkStream Pro.

Thanks for the help.

M@CK

The pump hummmm
I dint think about that, Il replace it monday.
Thanks for the help eforer

If any one got other opinions I'm open.

particleman

When the printer heads seat on the capping station, a seal is made from the rubber on the capping station pressing up against the heads. Like eforer said, the pump also completes the seal by closing the drain line. This functionality can be verified by doing a disway wash, fill your capping station with head wash, if they do not hold fluid (leaks out immediatly) you have a worn out pump. If it holds fluid that leads me to beleive you are getting correct seal. You should also cheak the capping station itself. Make sure you do not have any build up of in around the rubber. Also makes sure the rubber is not cracked. Any of those will cause the head to not seal and can eventually cause you issues with the pump not "pulling" ink does through the head. This can = clogged nozzles. Pumps are consumeable items, but sure to keep them both changed out regularly.

M@CK

particleman Like you suggested, I filled the caping station wile doing a disway wash and it didn't leak out. As for the caping station it self it looks fine to me ill replace the whole thing as soon as I get the parts.
Other question, now wen I print I get dots of ink at the ned of the print but not in the print it self, Its coming for the same head though. Can this be related ?

M@CK

Just to let you guys know, after replacing many parts the culprit was a faulty damper.
Thank allot eforer and particleman for your help and support.

regards
M@CK