• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help!!!

Scubasteve

Hi. "Newb" here again. Yes its me, the frozen Canadian.
Does anyone have, or has anyone had an Ioline LP3500.
I have some techie questions.
Lemme know! Thanks! :p

Scubasteve

Well it almost seems that the blade doesnt turn properly. As we cut simple designs, it will cut straight fine, but then it will encounter a somewhat sharp edge, and drag, causing the vinyl to tear and get bunched up. Not all the time though. We have cleaned and lubed the blade bearing and in our hand it seems to work fine. It also tends to shift the vinyl so that the design is all f%#$ed up. Instead of a nice straight logo, it ends up being a warped mess. Got any ideas before I chuck this thing out the window?

Steve C.

Check your Cutting Mat. The strip under the blade that the vinyl passes over.
If it is worn or frayed it can cause that kind of problem.

Steve C.

If you have replaced and oiled the blade, I am at a loss. I have an old Ioline Classic 24. Check that the blade is well seated in the holder. Have you called Ioline? They are great with their Tech Support.

H

HSG

I had the same problem. It was the wrong blade. Also, the knife blade might be adjusted incorrectly. You are supposed to turn the holder until no blade is exposed, turn the pressure knob so that it is 2 notches from the highest pressure setting and test cut until it just cuts the vinyl. Check the blade you are using. Is it notched or does it look chunky and thick? My vinyl supplier was only recieving the thick one from their supplier, so that's all they were carrying. It butchered my vinyl on anything under 1/2". It is designed for thicker material. The top picture is the correct blade for cast and calendered vinyl. The catalog is from Grimco 1-800-760-5575

Last edited by a moderator:

PGSigns

I sure am glad you posted a pic of those blades. I just got a used 40" super 88 and when I did a test cut it bunched up the corners. It has the blade for the thick material in it. I was getting ready to order another one that looked just like it.
Thanks
Jimmy