• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need more help with JR

edgette

I've gotten great help so far with this printer but I'm running into more and more problems.

I did get the printer to print full color, but very poorly. It was found that the heads were partially plugged and not printing 100%. I bought new print heads, installed them and got nothing to print. At this point it only pulled black ink when doing a clean cycle (a problem I had earlier). I went ahead and bought a whole new maintenance station and installed that today. Now I have no ink being pulled during a clean cycle and now I have an e074err y current error showing up randomly. This machine is getting on my last nerve and deep into my pockets.

TL,DR

Printer won't print or pull ink with new print heads and maintenance station, also have an e074err y current error.

Please help.

Ghost Prophet

Do you have a service manual?

You have to set the head ranks when you replace the heads, as well as pull ink back into the dampers with a syringe. And you have to "home" your carriage in the hidden menu when you replace the maintenance station. Pictures/more details would be helpful.

tomence

Did you manually pull ink from the dumpers until half full before connecting them to the print heads.

edgette

No I do not have a service manual.

I did pull ink back into the dampers before connecting them to the new heads.

I did not set a head rank or home the carriage.

I can take pictures of anything, tell me what you need to see.

edgette

Can anyone point me in the direction of a service manual? I downloaded the operating manual from the Mutoh ftp page, but do not see anything pertaining to a service manual in there.

edgette

Thanks for all of the help. I've got the home and head ranks set. I've got ink pulled through the dampers and the capping station. It has ran a clean cycle (pulls both colors) and now prints color. The main problem left is the absence of black.

g1sammons

if ya need send me a pm with your number i can walk ya through the processes
]i have one of these and have become quite fimilar with them
thanx
you will have to do head alignments as well as several other set up stuff in diag mode befor this will print right again

signsbud

My problem is a little different. I ran the cleaning cartridges, now only prints black. Dampers are all half full, look good, but when I send a color, it doesn't even try to print. Nothing, production manager says ripping 100% printing 100%, but nothing. Head doesn't move.
Any help would be great..
thanks
Lynn