• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need printhead and installation

signgirl71

Anyone know where I could get a printhead for an old versacamm sp-300 and also get it installed here in Florida between Daytona and Orlando? Or atleast get the printhead and attempt it myself?

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
You probably won't be able to get OEM parts anymore, but 3rd party are easy enough to find. I would recommend either Digi Print or Sign-In China, either one carries the heads. As for installation, you might be able to find a Roland Tech near you that might do it, however, most techs won't touch such old machines, at least around where I am, as I've had to change almost everything on my 2 SP-300V over the years. If you have the service menu for the machine, it will walk you through all the steps, it's really not that difficult.

signgirl71

Thanks, I've got a few phone calls in waiting to hear. And yes, I have changed just about everything in this machine myself too (the tech taught me) - except I have never had to replace a print head in all the years of running it. I bought it with only 9 hours on it and had to replace the heads then, but that was years and years ago - I am very lucky that way from what the guy who fixes it says. Luckily as I'm typing the guy who fixes it for me (his side job - he use to do it for a living) is texting me! He said he can install it and he is going to search for one. Thank God! And thank you for the info!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The only reason I don't post prices is because we end up getting calls from people who saw a post from 10 years ago and the price has changed drastically.

signgirl71

So, I got the printhead in, then my tech said he couldn't install it until next week. This is the same tech who taught me how to fix all the parts in my machine that I have throughout the years. I asked him do you think its something I could do - I saw a video online? He said absolutely and if you have any issues just text me. So, I manage to get it installed, following the video - but when I went through the steps - this is what I got. Of course now he doesn't answer my texts and I NEED HELP! Anyone have any ideas? Sorry if the pics are bad, the lighting in here sucks.

Attachments

• 20211027_173639.jpg
    20211027_173639.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 79
  • 20211027_170734.jpg
    20211027_170734.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 89

Zoogee World

So, I got the printhead in, then my tech said he couldn't install it until next week. This is the same tech who taught me how to fix all the parts in my machine that I have throughout the years. I asked him do you think its something I could do - I saw a video online? He said absolutely and if you have any issues just text me. So, I manage to get it installed, following the video - but when I went through the steps - this is what I got. Of course now he doesn't answer my texts and I NEED HELP! Anyone have any ideas? Sorry if the pics are bad, the lighting in here sucks.
Just to confirm, after you installed the new heads, you changed the serial numbers? Also I assume you did a powerful cleaning after you filled the heads with ink? One thing I can suggest if you've done all that is connect a syringe to the cap top line and pull ink through the heads then do a regular cleaning and then a test print to see if it helps.

signgirl71

Just to confirm, after you installed the new heads, you changed the serial numbers? Also I assume you did a powerful cleaning after you filled the heads with ink? One thing I can suggest if you've done all that is connect a syringe to the cap top line and pull ink through the heads then do a regular cleaning and then a test print to see if it helps.
yes, that is exactly what I was in the process of doing, and guess what - I went back to check the damper to make sure it was sitting right and it snapped the stem right off in the damper. Now I'm trying to figure out how to take that part from the old one and put it on the new one. I have had such bad luck this week it just isn't funny anymore.

Zoogee World

Sorry to hear. I've broken that little black piece inside the damper too. It does come off pretty easy, just 2 screws hold it on, just make sure the little rubber gasket between the manifold and the head is put back in place, otherwise it will leak and fry the head.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Sorry to hear. I've broken that little black piece inside the damper too. It does come off pretty easy, just 2 screws hold it on, just make sure the little rubber gasket between the manifold and the head is put back in place, otherwise it will leak and fry the head.
Also, don't tighten it down too much. The manifold should not look bent after installing it.

signgirl71

Also, don't tighten it down too much. The manifold should not look bent after installing it.
Good news - I'm up and running. I took the piece that snapped off from the old printhead and put it on the new one, replaced the dampers again even though they were new, sucked the lines just in case and its running beautifully. Even the old profile in the new flexi is working properly and I'm again getting that rich black. First time for everything - never changed that before. Couldn't have done it without text help from my tech guy. I'm back to being a happy camper.