• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Recommendation on NEW Cutter

Erynnv

I am replacing my 15 year old Vinyl Express q60 made by graphtec. The equivalent to this is the GRaphtec ce7000-60, I am told. But I am curious if another cheaper model would work for what I need. I mostly do smaller projects, although i like having the 24" cutter. Do i need a servo motor vs stepper?

I need to be able to cut small letters 1/4 inch or so. Script fonts, and more detailed fonts.

Would love to hear what others are using and would recommend. Also the machine would only be used 1x a week or less. As this is just a side hustle, hobbie/craft business.

Thank you

Erynnv

Nope!! I actually have one that I bought just to see and I hate it for this use! It a good backup, but I'v I need to be able to cut multiple pieces at once. So even it's smaller jobs, I could be cutting 6-10 designs at a time.

So I like the option of a continuous roll. I also like the optic eye to measure my roll size so I don't have to. I just don't know what else there is out there to compare to, and was told that the graphtec ce7000-60 was the closest to what I had. Just feeling lost as I didn't know much about things when I bought my first machine, so I'm learning now.