• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need replacement media roll holder/flanges for 3" cores, any suggestions?

Jumpshoutmedia

I'm talking about the expanding core "flange wheels" that press into the ends of a roll of inkjet vinyl to hold it up/off the media rollers. I finally broke one of the the OEM Roland ones that came with my printer, and I'm in need of some replacements.

I'd prefer to not have to spend hundreds of dollars on direct Roland branded replacements, and I was wondering if anyone knows of a 3rd party company who makes them?

I've searched Google like crazy, using all sorts of combinations of words, (meda, roll, core, holder, flange, expanding, inkjet printer media holder, ends, caps, etc) and The closest I can ever come up with are the OEM Roland replacements!

I know a lot of sign guys just set the media directly onto the media rollers, but I refer to lift the rolls up off of the rollers.

I was hoping these would be prolific, and there would be dozens of inexpensive alternatives online, but the only thing I could find that was even CLOSE was a version that just pressed into the 3" core and were held in by friction. They didn't expand inside of the core to hold them tight, and I've had a set of this type in the past.. when you use them with heavy rolls of material, they tilt inwards and eventually pop out of the rolls.

Well. any info that anyone may have would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!