• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Screen printing Help

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
I'm not new to the industry but I am sort of new to Screen Printing. My bosses 83 year old dad does all the screen printing at the shop and has recently taken ill, and guess who has to take over printing. ME.
We print on .040 and .080 Styrene with UV ink and Almost everything is going great until I got to this sign, I'm getting some kind of splatter towards the bottom of the print . I've cleaned up multiple times but it's still there. Driving me crazy Hope Somebody Can Help. Maybe FireSprint
Thank You

Attachments

• 20210406_160004 (2).jpg
    20210406_160004 (2).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 220

Joseph44708

Thank You.
I ran a automated General screen printing press 20 years ago that had a static eliminator bar on it and would give you a bite when adding or moving ink around.
How do I eliminate static on a manual press?
Printing on a M&R Saturn clam shell

Johnny Best

When you have that it could be static from the paint or your emulsion has broken down and paint is getting through.
Silkscreaming is the term you need.

ChicagoGraphics

Definitely static, you can try drapping gold Christmas tree garland on the back and sides of the press It eliminates static, use to use It when I was screen printing, has to be the gold the silver doesn't work

Joseph44708

So it was a Static problem just like all of you said.
To correct it I added a foot of Static Tincil from my offset press and adjusting the peel rate then I Thinned the ink. Everything printed great all day. Thank You For All Your Suggestions They All Helped.