• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need some help with this

easystar

Well it finally happened my win XP finally fried! I have (had) my windows XP hooked up to Win 7 so I could use my graphtec FC2100 -50 serial cutter (connected to XP) to cut vinyl. My reasons for this setup is my windows 7 computer does not have any way serial connection to my cutter.

To use my cutter with XP, I had to first open production manager in XP and then use Win 7 as the master to send cut jobs through to XP.
I found another XP and have production manager installed. My problem is I don't remember how I managed to set this up to work
this way. Can anyone help me figure how to set this up again? Thanks

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Well it finally happened my win XP finally fried! I have (had) my windows XP hooked up to Win 7 so I could use my graphtec FC2100 -50 serial cutter (connected to XP) to cut vinyl. My reasons for this setup is my windows 7 computer does not have any way serial connection to my cutter.

To use my cutter with XP, I had to first open production manager in XP and then use Win 7 as the master to send cut jobs through to XP.
I found another XP and have production manager installed. My problem is I don't remember how I managed to set this up to work
this way. Can anyone help me figure how to set this up again? Thanks
What about adding a serial card so you can connect the computer directly to the plotter?

bcxprint420

Sign & Banner Xpress
Or there is a cable u plug the serial into then it has a usb coming out to the macine. That works but is unsteady often times.

Ronny Axelsson

Or there is a cable u plug the serial into then it has a usb coming out to the macine. That works but is unsteady often times.
I am able to run my old Graphtec FC4100 cutter, when needed, from a Windows 10 computer with a USB to Serial adapter/converter.
Cannot guarantee it will work (OS, drivers, software?) but an adapter shouldn't cost much, so it may be worth a try.

gabagoo

I still run an Fc 4100 and we put a serial card in the comp and a little tweaking and it has worked for many years no issues

Joe House

I've used this one for years and have had many customers use it as well. It shows up as a Com Port in device manager and you need to check there for settings so you can connect properly.