• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need some help.

wolverine34

before anyone makes fun of me. yes i'm new to the sign and sticker making trend. ok i had a friend that makes sign give me his old Roland cutter. i think its a pnc-950 but not sure here is a picture of it. he had 3 of them and only use 2 of them and is getting a newer one as well. i'm wanting to see if i can get it to work on win7. i have no drivers for the cutter. he didn't have anything for it beside the cutter. i already had all the cables so that was taken care of. so if anyone can help that would be great. thanks again.

2011-03-28_18-09-00_927.jpg Offsite pic replaced. Please observe our rules on photo posting.

Last edited by a moderator:

round man

You need to look on the service tag on the back of the machine and get the model number. Then go to rolands site and download the drivers for the machine. then install them. then get a vector based design program and learn to use it(this is the part that stops 99% of the populace from entering this trade as it is not necessarily easy). Then go buy some vinyl and premask. then you need to learn to use the machine by downloading the users manual from the aforementioned roland site. Practice this for a couple of weeks and then come back and ask intelligent questions here.

wolverine34

thank you Round man. i downloaded the free trial of sign lab 9. to tinker with. i designd a sticker for a friend of mine just to see if i could do anything. the only tag on the back of the machine is these. thanks for the advice. yea i can see why 99% of people stop when it comes to the designing part. i found a driver for the pnc-950 but its for XP. wonder if it would work on win7.

2011-03-28_18-44-33_248.jpg Offsite pic replaced. Please observe our rules on photo posting.

Last edited by a moderator:

wolverine34

thanks for all the help. just trying to get driver for the cutter. i found a driver for the pnc-950 but won't work on win7.

CentralSigns

This is more than a sign and sticker trend. Some of us are making our living at it and hope to be in business for years to come.

phototec

thanks for all the help. just trying to get driver for the cutter. i found a driver for the pnc-950 but won't work on win7.

Well I guess you are out of luck, that old cutter is not supported anymore, that's most likely why you got the cutter for FREE. You will need a computer running XP to drive it.

By the way, you have posted two photos, and both times you have done it wrong, and the admin. had to fix, please READ the photo posting rules and do it correctly next time.

Thanks

:Welcome:

wolverine34

thank everyone for the help. after seeing how i posted the pic i figured i'd done it wrong. again thank you guys and gals for all the help. and i'm not putting down the buisness man. wished i'd had the talent to do the buisness thing. thanks again