• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need some info about pricing

tomence

hi there guys i am pretty new to this business and i am wondering how much would you guys charge for 2 banners sizes 2' x 4' plus installation on 2 polls with brackets. the banners will be done with vinyl. text only, 2 lines of text on both sides.
thanks

luggnut

most won't give out a price on the open to all members section. just remember to charge for your time ( most shops charge at least $45 a hour) and mark up your materials (transfer tape, vinyl etc..) if you are home based charge like you are not or you will always be homed based and never taken serious.

tomence

just another question that came to my mind. checking prices online is pretty cheap let say the banners i am gonna sell this two 2'x4' with just a text are 15 dollars a piece. thats how much it cost me to buy just the banner how come they are selling it for so cheap. is there any catch online like are they using some kind of a cheap material or are they gonna screw you on something else. just wondering

CherokeeDesign

I would say that if it's a "discount" type place online, they probably do such huge volume that they get a lot better price on materials than a smaller shop would, just based on quantity discounts. It might be an inexpensive/lesser quality material, but I'd bet more on them getting a lot better pricing on materials. A place that buys 100 rolls of vinyl at a time, is going to get a much better price per roll than someone like me ordering 1.

luggnut

if you are buying from a sign supply store the price for a 2x4 banner should be low. but you still have to charge a mark up on that price and for all your time... the time is what cost... don't run your own business at $25 dollars a hour, its not worth doing at that. and don't under estimate your time.

Graphixguy01

You have to charge what you are worth! Figuire your overhead out, how many workable hours you have a week then you'll have an idea. Example: If you OH is $1500 a month and you average 30 workable hours per week you need to charge $12.50 per hour just cover you OH. Add materials, time on the job, install etc...
I would charge $100. per banner, one sided, $150. two sided. Installs $75 per hour one guy, $130.per hr two guys. Extra for bucket truck. Good Luck