• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Need Suggestions on Clear / Translucent Vinyl

tdhill11

Hello everyone, I am looking for a recommendation for some vinyl. I am trying to find an alternative vinyl to use for my clear applications. I currently have been using Orajet 3164HT clear vinyl, and I am looking for a better solution. I have used the clear options for 3M 40c and IJ180c, but I can see the air release channels in the film, and my client does not like the transparency of the film. Looks too cloudy for their taste. The 3164HT is great for them, it is extremely clear, and you can't even tell that there is vinyl on the glass. I need a vinyl that is similar to this or even better. All input is greatly appreciated.

ikarasu

3m 8150... Bit expensive, but its a clear.
Look for optically clear vinyl if your customer doesn't like the "cloudiness"

jfiscus

Rap Master
Since we can't get any 3M 8150 clear (our normal go-to clear vinyl), we've been printing on 3M 8518 laminate without issue until we receive our back ordered rolls. Has been working great so far!

tdhill11

Since we can't get any 3M 8150 clear (our normal go-to clear vinyl), we've been printing on 3M 8518 laminate without issue until we receive our back ordered rolls. Has been working great so far!
Thanks for the info. I had some 8518 at the shop and did my test prints today and they turned out really good. Looks like that will be my go to for this application

ikarasu

Keep in mind 8518 is non removable... So if it's something you ever plan on removing it'll be a pain in the ass.

It also has a slight yellow tinge to it, it's not 100% optically clear like 8150.

That being said weve used it a lot as well... Works great, only downside is when you go to remove a 10 ft window and it takes hours...

tdhill11

Thanks for the heads up. I will keep that in mind. Luckily for this instance, it is a permanent solution. So we just got a sample roll of a new material, it is GF 255 OptiMark, and it looks like it will work as well. Optically clear and I am not familiar with this vinyl so I can’t speak for it, but we might use it for this project so we will see how it works.