• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Supplier for Printed & Cut "Frosted" Vinyl

rossmosh

Small part of a bigger job. I'm looking for someone that can do a small job where they print and contour cut on some etched vinyl.

Dimensions will be something like (2) - 15"x45"

Thanks in advance.

Signsfyi

Small part of a bigger job. I'm looking for someone that can do a small job where they print and contour cut on some etched vinyl.

Dimensions will be something like (2) - 15"x45"

Thanks in advance.
I will need to see the art to verify I can produce it, but I can print on etched/frosted vinyl. Contact me and let's go from there. Terry

ams

is this policy still being monitored / enforced?

I am assuming it is since they still offer it. I would be a merchant if they didn't ask such a high price. It should be a flat $50 / year for standard sign companies and $100 / year for suppliers or large manufacturers. That would be nice.

ams

But the thing that is stupid is this "special merchant" which states:

"Special prices for merchants whose annual gross sales are less than $200,000 per year, that have no more than one location, no more than two employees, do not ship internationally and have no distributors."

Any sign company or manufacturer that does under $200k a year barely has any equipment and cannot give people the prices they need. If there is no more than two employees, that shop is very slow to produce, no shipping internationally means all of our Canada members will be screwed, and I don't care about distributors.

Signsfyi

But the thing that is stupid is this "special merchant" which states:

"Special prices for merchants whose annual gross sales are less than $200,000 per year, that have no more than one location, no more than two employees, do not ship internationally and have no distributors."

Any sign company or manufacturer that does under $200k a year barely has any equipment and cannot give people the prices they need. If there is no more than two employees, that shop is very slow to produce, no shipping internationally means all of our Canada members will be screwed, and I don't care about distributors.
Your assumptions are not correct. Laid off my last employee in 2008 and continue as self employed. I actually have several pieces of high end equipment (CNC, digital printer, 3 plotters, sandblaster, full carpentry and painting facilities to handle jobs as an individual), turn around on most projects is less than a week and have a much lower overhead than you probably do, which allows me more room in my margins.

ams

Your assumptions are not correct. Laid off my last employee in 2008 and continue as self employed. I actually have several pieces of high end equipment (CNC, digital printer, 3 plotters, sandblaster, full carpentry and painting facilities to handle jobs as an individual), turn around on most projects is less than a week and have a much lower overhead than you probably do, which allows me more room in my margins.

and if your sales are less than $200,000 then you are either pricing everything wrong or are the dollar tree of the sign industry.

Because I only have a 54" Eco-Solvent print/cut, a 24" cutting plotter and a small sandblaster for equipment and a bucket truck and my sales are up to $325,000 this year.

No CNC, no flatbed printing, no panel saw, no shear, no waterjet, nothing like that.

Signsfyi

and if your sales are less than $200,000 then you are either pricing everything wrong or are the dollar tree of the sign industry.

Because I only have a 54" Eco-Solvent print/cut, a 24" cutting plotter and a small sandblaster for equipment and a bucket truck and my sales are up to $325,000 this year.

No CNC, no flatbed printing, no panel saw, no shear, no waterjet, nothing like that.

Not gonna swing my financial d**k around. I suspect we both do just fine. My point is that smaller shops use technology to improve their performance without the need of extra employees. It is because of technology that I am able to design and provide nice. quality products in a timely fashion. How much I generate each year has little to do with that fact. I chose self employment, because I grew tired of constant managing and not doing what I really love, designing, building and having time to be with my family. Good luck to you and have a great day!