• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need to Outsource Auto Wrap Printing and Installation

briankb

Premium Subscriber
We just finished a full wrap on a 2003 Buick Rendezvous. We are in Lake City, Florida and need an experienced vendor to print and apply the wrap.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Passanger2a.jpg
    Passanger2a.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 109
  • Top2a.jpg
    Top2a.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 77
  • Driver2a.jpg
    Driver2a.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 83
  • Front2.jpg
    Front2.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 89
  • Back2.jpg
    Back2.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 103

mudmedia

I would change the front bumper layout for the installers sake. That pin stripe around the grill and such is pretty much a nightmare.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
If it is printed, why is it any more difficult than the dark blue lines?

I don't expect them to use actual pin stripes.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
We expect to completely replace the wrap in 12-18 months with a new design.

What material should we ask them to use? Laminate or no laminate?

SlightlyChilled

I would change the front bumper layout for the installers sake. That pin stripe around the grill and such is pretty much a nightmare.

Do it with a differant peace of cut vinyl.

If I was driving that I would roll down the back window all the time so it would look like her head was cut off...

SlightlyChilled

Do to the fact now you are trying to keep 2 line striate not just 1 line. and keeping them lined up on the sides around the bend

Bigdawg

Just Me
Do you have a picture of the vehicle so I can see the curves? There is more to print here than just the square area. That back bumper is going to have to print in a piece separate from the tailgate to keep it all covered and I can't see how curvy those rear sides are, but it can distort a lot on install...

mudmedia

Ever try to wrap compound curves with lines and trying to keep them straight? Just because it is "printed" doesn't mean it is just magically going to look like the picture.

The rear bumper is not as bad how you have it but even then the picture and the template you are using gives a false image of how a wrap like that would actually take place. That is a 2D picture..You have to consider 3D of installation when designing. Or if you are like most designers and do not care about the installer then your design is great!

briankb

Premium Subscriber
need an experienced vendor

Our design is what we want and it is not out of the capability of a professional. If I wanted the wrap installed by someone with a printer in their basement or garage, I would do it myself.

We will find a professional to handle the adjustments needed and do the installation.

bigdawg said:
Do you have a picture of the vehicle so I can see the curves? There is more to print here than just the square area. That back bumper is going to have to print in a piece separate from the tailgate to keep it all covered and I can't see how curvy those rear sides are, but it can distort a lot on install...

Thanks for your input, I've attached the photo your requested.

Attachments

• 2002-2003_Buick_Rendezvous.jpg
    2002-2003_Buick_Rendezvous.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 90

briankb

Premium Subscriber
You have to consider 3D of installation when designing. Or if you are like most designers and do not care about the installer then your design is great!

We care that the end result is what we have on the mock ups. How we get there is up to the professional who we choose to do the final design tweaks, printing, and installation.

I asked for referrals to professional installers in my area. And I posted in the appropriate forum "Product and Supplier Referrals".

Bigdawg

Just Me
I am not an installer... did I mention I'm not an installer?

My experience has not been good with wrapping the black plastic pebbly parts of this type of vehicle. I've not seen this one up close, so I don't know where exactly those lines fall. Maybe prowraps can chime in - it just may be we don't have his experience - but I avoid those when I lay out my design. What parts of the vehicle aren't smooth?

The other thing I'd look at is the curve out around the wheel well - you may see some distortion in your dark swoosh edge... it looks like it lays over the top of it a little bit.

The other thing I might do is loose the fade on the top and just do printed, contour cut vinyl instead. Would save money and the breaks from the top to the sides is clear enough I don't think anyone would even notice (unless the blue is a lot darker than shows on my screen)

Just some thoughts from the designer/printer end

mudmedia

We care that the end result is what we have on the mock ups. How we get there is up to the professional who we choose to do the final design tweaks, printing, and installation.

I asked for referrals to professional installers in my area. And I posted in the appropriate forum "Product and Supplier Referrals".

I am sure Adam, Josh or any other "Professional" installer will tell you around the same thing I told you.

It is up to the professional who you choose to do the install and printing to make it right? It all starts when you click the mouse and layout the design, this is probably why 75% of wraps look like they do because everyone thinks they can just design and installers can pull anything off. They can but it all takes more material and more money than most want to pay.

Good luck!

briankb

Premium Subscriber
We picked up the completed wrap late last week. I'm fairly happy with it but there were a few issues with the printing and a few corners were not wrapped properly. We will wrap another one in a few weeks for the same client's business partner.

Attachments

• CEUFast-Mobile.jpg
    CEUFast-Mobile.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 113