• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need your suggestion

Karen-Kang

Hi There,
when you figured out which part damaged, would you like to replace a new one, or repair them?
like printhead, mainboard, headboard with high price.

any helpful suggestion here?Thanks in advance.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Personally, I'd be inclined to go with replacement- if only because you'd be putting a new part in.
Why? Because (at least, in many instances) once one part of a board fails, it can cause a cascade of failures in other parts of the board.
Of course, if you can find someone who can repair said component, you could go that route- if they're willing to give a guarantee on their work. Or, you could do both (replace and repair) and have a spare.

Ragnabrok

Most of the time, replacing the part IS the repair. The old style pumps were pretty simple, and could be rebuilt by replacing the line inside of it, but it's not like you could hand solder a new IC3 on the servo board. things like the manifold on the print head can be replaced, but if soaking/flushing the head doesn't fix it, what else could you do but replace it?