• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Needing help with Latex 360 SMK3

UKSigns

I've installed all parts for the Latex 360 Service Maintenance Kit 3 and when I reassemble and initiate the machine, the carriage stops roughly 3/4 of the way across the bed and error 86:01 appears. I've tried restarting the printer with the carriage on the right and the left side of the bed and it always stops in the same spot. I replaced the carriage belt a year ago and there's no visible problem with it. I've also cleaned the encoder strip for what it's worth. The only thing I can see is that the new carriage felts are a bit large on one side and don't sit exactly flush with the opening for the rail. Any ideas are appreciated.

Last edited:

ss5520

SE Code: 86:01 – There is a problem with the carriage assembly. That is all there is for the error code.

UKSigns

I believe it's the encoder strip and/or sensor. I completely cleaned the encoder strip again with water and then removed the encoder sensor and blew it with uncompressed air. The carriage travelled the entire bed length this time, but collided with the right side of the machine on its return to the maintenance station.

New encoder strip and sensor are inbound.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Those encoder strips are quite sturdy. You should definitely see it if you fucked it up.
Personally I would open the covers and manually move the carriage to both ends. See how the resistance is and that it bumps correctly to left and right. And that the right side bump is installed correctly.
Maybe you already did that.

Basri

Hello my dear friends
I have problem with my hp latex 360. It prints very dissapointed me. It is printing in not correct line and tend to go right. For information, I use onyx postershop 11 as RIP. I had have cleaned enconder strip..but the problem doesnt solved

Attachments

• 36C1BEE3-1A0A-4B9E-A28E-34383F873225.jpeg
    36C1BEE3-1A0A-4B9E-A28E-34383F873225.jpeg
    448.7 KB · Views: 99
  • BB4DD9B2-B016-4EE3-9E64-F733D78693E0.jpeg
    BB4DD9B2-B016-4EE3-9E64-F733D78693E0.jpeg
    229.9 KB · Views: 91
  • B072A459-871D-4AF5-B4E2-913A5655AE4B.jpeg
    B072A459-871D-4AF5-B4E2-913A5655AE4B.jpeg
    285.2 KB · Views: 92

UKSigns

Those encoder strips are quite sturdy. You should definitely see it if you ****ed it up.
Personally I would open the covers and manually move the carriage to both ends. See how the resistance is and that it bumps correctly to left and right. And that the right side bump is installed correctly.
Maybe you already did that.
It was either the encoder strip or encoder sensor that was the problem. I replaced them both and after performing calibrations, the printer works like new.