• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Needing To Laminate For Sport Helmet Decals?

Will308decals

I have a Gerber Edge 2 and want to start making football helmet decals. Do I need to laminate the decals after printing them onto the vinyl? If I use substance untracurve H1 vinyl do I still have to laminate? And also added to those questions what do people mean by reverse printing and how does that work? An it work with a gerber edge printer?

White Haus

Not a Newbie
We don't deal with football helmet decals but do print a lot of hardhat decals, and we always laminate.

Regarding reverse printing - yes it can be done on the edge and is used when printing on clear materials that will either be reverse mounted or backed with an adhesive, such as Lexedge.

Will308decals

We don't deal with football helmet decals but do print a lot of hardhat decals, and we always laminate.

Regarding reverse printing - yes it can be done on the edge and is used when printing on clear materials that will either be reverse mounted or backed with an adhesive, such as Lexedge.
How do you laminate? Do you need to buy another machine to do it? And can you explain what reverse printing is I don't understand it. Thank you!