• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Neet to replace a printhead on Mutoh Falcon outdoor

grafixhenk

It finally came to this, need to replace one of my printheads on a Falcon Outdoor RJ6100. Does anyone have instructions/ manual on have to do this.

Thanks in advance

Jackpine

Yep, I got one and it is helpful. You have to read between the lines since there is information "lost in translation". The print head is not difficult to replace. Take your time and you'll do ok. Remember to record the ID# written in the data cable to enter in the printer. Alignment just takes time. You will get to know your printer and that is a good thing. I have replaced a K head and am still printing in the color head after four years.

I did it on mine. Was not difficult at all. Just take your time and ask questions if you are not sure of something.
Just my personal opinion, if you are replacing the black might as well replace the color while you have it all apart. Also might as well replace the dampers while you are at it. I see it as preventive maintenance but I know everyone does not see it that way...

Oh yeah, don't forget to unplug the printer before you take it apart (like I did) otherwise you will end up blowing one of the fuses on the main board like I did and I can tell you from experience that it is not a fun thing to replace.