• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Neon sign need in Orlando area

spo

Sign Printing Online
I have a customer who needs a Neon sign with the words You're Awesome in Red 12"x30" and I need it within 7 days. Already approved so anyone who can do it please message me with a price and what is needed. I want someone in the Orlando or Florida area for the fastest shipping or I may be able to come get it. If someone else wants to commit to the timeline go ahead.

John

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Good luck with that one. Those kinda orders are usually 4 to 5 weeks out.

evangood

This is a great solution for any entrepreneur to take up neon signage. Because this is a great solution for those who want to attract customers with their appearance. Neon as an inert gas has been used for more than a hundred years, and it is especially effective for creating outdoor advertising signage, because a bright glow will allow you to distinguish your company's offer from the rest, even in the dark and during a short daylight in winter. Thanks to this, I took up neon signage with the help of a company https://www.smithersofstamford.com/neon-signs.html

Last edited:

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
The problem is all the parts needed to fabricate neon signs are seeing their prices skyrocket through the f#&@ing roof. Glass, electrodes, high wattage ballasts, etc. It's all getting pretty ridiculous and very sad. I worry neon will soon fall victim to "end of life" syndrome via what's happening to the parts supply. But we kind of did this to ourselves, falling in love with LEDs for so many uses. Basically the only thing left for neon to do is exposed glass for lettering or anything else that has to curve and bend around in ways that LED "rope" junk can't manage.

Scotchbrite

No comment
Neon benders can pretty much set their price and time frame. At least around here they are so far and few, they have all the work they want to take on.

Our sign shop was started by my wife's grandfather who learned neon bending during the great depression. When I started here 20+ years ago, we still had his neon plant setup and my wife was bending glass on a part time basis. There was another neon bender a few blocks away working in her garage and several other benders within a 30 minute drive. Now we have to drive over an hour to get our neon glass repairs.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Our guy that has been doing the tube-bending work for the past 22 or so years mostly does repair jobs on existing neon signs (among other hats he wears in sign production). Hardly any new neon signs are getting built. Most potential customers balk at the prices. Our tube-bender is also getting up there in years; he's working on a part time basis now and starting to draw on his Social Security. I think he is going to retire within the next couple or so years. I'm not sure what we'll do once he retires for good.

Scotchbrite

No comment
Our guy that has been doing the tube-bending work for the past 22 or so years mostly does repair jobs on existing neon signs (among other hats he wears in sign production). Hardly any new neon signs are getting built. Most potential customers balk at the prices. Our tube-bender is also getting up there in years; he's working on a part time basis now and starting to draw on his Social Security. I think he is going to retire within the next couple or so years. I'm not sure what we'll do once he retires for good.
Yeah, we definitely have to screen the calls for beer sign repairs. People are shocked when you tell them unless it's some super rare or sentimental sign, it's going to cost more to repair than to buy a new one in most cases.