• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Nesting different Print and Cut Jobs Rasterlink 6??

Myster Enigma

Apparently there isn't a way to nest print and cut jobs with Rasterlink 6 :( I mean this is such a simple function that I use all the time with Versaworks. Is this true or is there a way round it? Basically I need to have several different eps files on a single row to save media. There is only a function to nest print jobs but not print and cut.

Can someone tell me the best way to nest several files so I can print them on one row. Ideally I don't want to go through Illustrator/corel to set up one big file.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you

Daniel Boucher

All your files have to be print or print/cut you can't mismatch them.
Select all your files (print files and cut files ) then hit the arrange icon. If you want registration marks you can only have one set around the whole grouped image.

Myster Enigma

All your files have to be print or print/cut you can't mismatch them.
Select all your files (print files and cut files ) then hit the arrange icon. If you want registration marks you can only have one set around the whole grouped image.

Hi Dan, thank you so much for your response. I called up the company who sold me the machine several times and in the end one of the technicians told me the same thing you just did :) Funnily enough you seem to be the only person who is aware of this on the Forum. I have found 2 other threads which states that it cannot be done on Rasterlink and you have to nest the jobs in Illustrator or Corel!!

Whilst I've got you here can you tell me if there is a way to speed up the cutting on the Mimakis? I have the CJV150 series and set the cut speed to 30cm and at normal cutting quality. However when compared to my Roland VS540i the cutting on the Mimaki seems very jittery and a lot slower whereas the Roland seems to make much smoother and faster cuts. The final result is a nice smooth cut though. Is there anyway to make it even faster? Thank you

Myster Enigma

I just set it on the panel. Im running 30 on mine never tried changing it. Mine seams a little jittery too.

Yeah in that case I think that the cutting on the Mimaki is definitely slower than the Roland. Overall though I can't complain. I will add however if I were to choose between my Roland and the Mimaki I think the Roland is just far easier and quicker to use. The Mimaki's initialisation and going back and forth from Local to Remote Mode is just an extra step that the Roland doesn't need. Also Versaworks is so much better than Rasterlink.

Jlewis

Sorry if this isn’t appropriate for this thread but I’m new and in search of answers. I’m on the Mimaki ucjv with rasterlink6 and what I need to find out is if there is a way to impose sets of stickers.

for example: I need to print sheets of stickers 8.5x11 but I want to set it to print each set of stickers next to each other. So, a row of 8.5x11 sheets that will print and cut.

is that possible in rasterlink and maybe how?

if I need to direct this question somewhere else let me know but as you were discussing nesting I thought this might be appropriate.