• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New caps worse than old

veloxgraphics

Decided to go through and replace all the caps, dampers, wipers, scraper, sponges, etc in my Roland.

The old caps still sealed just fine, they were just getting old.

The new caps went in without a hitch, i ran some cleaning fluid through them to prime them for the flood of ink to come, and ran the machine through one medium head clean. The next day, i ran a test print, and 60% of my nozzles were clogged on all heads.

Seems weird that both caps would be doing it. I looked and they are both fully seating on the head and are aligned straight down the middle. Anyone have any ideas why i'm not getting a good seal? Anyone had the rubber part of the cap be too stiff to seal? I got the parts from Wensco, so they should be decent.

Mike_Koval

Sometimes when changing all of these parts, the lines can get some air in them and not get enough suction from the pump. Try parking the heads over the capping station and use a syringe and pull until you get ink into it. You will have to unhook the lines from caps that go into the pump...use the syringe...hook back up and all should be good.

veloxgraphics

Thanks Mike!

I got it going yesterday, I'm nervous to go back to the shop today now! Hopefully it's not all dried up again.