• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Colorspan 72si Delivered :)

srt10x3

Hello everyone.

My new 72si was just delivered.. :)

Techs are comming out next week to install it . YIPPIE!

Craig

Attachments

• IMG_0160 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0160 (Small).JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_0162 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0162 (Small).JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_0165 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0165 (Small).JPG
    38 KB · Views: 197

JMDigital

It must be a killer to have it there and have to wait to set it up. Its like the kids opening the new toy in the car. :Big Laugh Just like your parents used to say

"Dont open it it the car or you will loose a part"

Congrats on the new printer!!! Post some pics of it after its setup and running!! :thumb:

srt10x3

Fred Weiss said:
Congrats! Do you have some jobs already lined up for it?

Unfortunately yes.. Or fortunately yes.. I have no clue on how to use it, this is my first solvent printer (ok first wide format printer).. I have floor graphics to do for 47 show rooms, and 1 car, 1 van, and 1 22' trailer to wrap. Looks like I've got a steep learning curve ahead.. Oh, and I have 1100 or so bumper stickers to do..

It all started with "Oh yea, I can do that".. Now it's put up or shut up time :)

Craig

srt10x3

JMDigital said:
It must be a killer to have it there and have to wait to set it up. Its like the kids opening the new toy in the car. :Big Laugh Just like your parents used to say

"Dont open it it the car or you will loose a part"

Congrats on the new printer!!! Post some pics of it after its setup and running!! :thumb:

Not really, The electrician and ac guys are comming today to install the 220v plug and ventilation duct..

There was a warning on the box not to open it, but we had to in order to get it in the building. Glad I got the extended warranty :)

I'm more concerned that I made the right decision about the printer than anything. I was comparing it to the Seiko and Mimaki. I chose it for future growth potential, ink cost, and production speed. We'll see over the next year or so if it was the correct decision.

Craig

RobGF

srt10x3 said:
...I'm more concerned that I made the right decision about the printer than anything. I was comparing it to the Seiko and Mimaki. I chose it for future growth potential, ink cost, and production speed. We'll see over the next year or so if it was the correct decision.

Craig

Well, I think it's not fair to compare the three printers because they really aren't for the same market. Both the Seiko and Mimaki provide a much nicer print but no matter what those pesky dealers tell you, those printers won't be able to crank out the media like the ColorSpan will. I'm also sure you will find the ColorSpan much cheaper to operate. Word on the street is that the profiler is about to be cracked so 3rd party ink might soon be an option too.

Anyway, make sure you get some of those cut slips for the capping station rather than the Saran Wrap... If you're not printing for more than 30 minues put it to sleep... Don't be afraid to do the odd solvent soak on the heads over weekends... Make sure you really scrape out the cleaning station every few months... Always do the 30" media feed calibration and not the shorter and do it in METRIC... and no matter what the installer tells you there are issues with CYAN.

Have fun with it. It's a great printer and pain in the ass rolled into one!

Rob

srt10x3

Justin from North Light Color came in yesterday.. We got the printer printing. WOW! It prints WAY better than the samples I had seen. It is an AMAZING printer. Onyx ROCKS too. Tomorrow we tackle the contour cutting feature of onyx (and the new graphtec plotter) and linearization..

We created media profiles on the printer, changed media types, changed the head heights, etc.. (I know this is all pretty standard stuff for you guys, but for me, it's all 100% new).. So I'm having a blast :)

If anything needs anything printed, email me the file craig (at) hcpi.net and I'll gladly print it out and send it to you free of charge (offer good for the next 2 days only)

Craig

Attachments

• IMG_0178 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0178 (Medium).JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 172

SignRover

Careful now, don't let all those canned demo prints from the install technician fool you. Regular output isn't nearly that much fun.
I've got 5 ColorSpan printers, and Rob sums it up pretty well:
"It's a great printer and pain in the ass rolled into one!"

srt10x3

SignRover said:
Careful now, don't let all those canned demo prints from the install technician fool you. Regular output isn't nearly that much fun.
I've got 5 ColorSpan printers, and Rob sums it up pretty well:
"It's a great printer and pain in the ass rolled into one!"

HAHA. Yea, some of the prints I sent to the printer, look like kaka-poopy :)

A customer walked in today, wanting me to print some stuff for them. My response was "The printer is capable of printing this (handing them the canned sample), however whether or not "I'm" able to get it to print what you want to look that good is another story entirely"

The technician smiled and nodded :)..

Craig

JMDigital

Congrats... Nice looking printer.. when you do your first job with it post some pics and what you think of it over all.!!

You gotta love that.. it looks like a monster!