• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Cutter purchase and customer support

CherryMan

Hi guys my name is Robert and I build sub box enclosures and furniture. I'm looking to add a vinyl cutter for decals,paint masking and logos. I currently have a 4x8 CnC machine (cnc router parts pro4896) using VCarve Pro 8. I plan on using this software for vectors and text and importing them into the cutter software so i have a slight advantage for a first timer. I had decided to go with a Qe6000 from Sign Warehouse to get basically a rebranded graphtec Ce6000. Customer support has me concerned. Stahls is my second choice for a Graphtec Ce6000 can anyone chime in about their support and turn around time for cutter service repair.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Wow...stunningly nice work, for sure. Absolutely love the ton of eye candy!

How do you work the royalties for all the licensed stuff (Big 10, Jeep, NBA, etc...)?

Do you work through a third party for that?

JB

Kottwitz-Graphics

I wouldn't mess with the cheap plotters. Get a good machine and you won't ever need tech support.

I personally prefer Summa. Built like a tank, and won't ever let you down....

Try the search function. This subject comes up every week or so...

CherryMan

Thanks Ive alrdy talked myself into the Graphtec now. Funny I started looking at a Cameo Silhouette II just for paint masking and my logo. Anybody know anything about Stahls service?

Dennis422

Thanks Ive alrdy talked myself into the Graphtec now. Funny I started looking at a Cameo Silhouette II just for paint masking and my logo. Anybody know anything about Stahls service?

Hi there. Glad to see you on 101. Stahls service is pretty good for what I was using it. I ordered letters, numbers and stuff like that a few times and they were always there for me when needed.
As far as the tech support for cutters, I would not know, I did not buy a cutter from them.
Check with Grimco (Bought mine FC8600-130 from them and they helped me few times) or Specialty Graphics from Chicago. They are pretty good too.

As far as the SW support, do a search on this forum.

Good luck

Kottwitz-Graphics

Welcome to Signs 101.

Can't comment on the equipment but the work on your website is really impressive! Looks like nice clean stuff to work on. :cool1:

I didn't realize they had software to design the boxes either, that's pretty damn cool.

Any tips on building a low-profile box to fit underneath the back seat of my 2014 F-150? Probably just want to go with (1) 12". :thankyou:

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who appreciates the upgraded stereo. My days of massive stereos are over (I used to have 8 kicker 15's in my old s-10), but I still enjoy the driving bass. I currently have a pair of shallow mount 10's behind the rear seat of my Dakota....

CherryMan

Hey guys thanks for the comments. Just upgraded my website with underseat enclosure info it will answer some questions you have about that 12. My first job with my Graphtec, should have started smaller but went big with 2 colors turned out great. My cutter is in my office in the wood shop so dust is a concern. I found the perfect cover for 15.00 shipped on amazon fits like a glove.(http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0170W9DOE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00).

Attachments

• 20160209_080214.jpg
    20160209_080214.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 94
  • logo1.jpg
    logo1.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 87

decalman

You can beat the dust off with that cover. I live in dust central, and I just keep a big fabric on the cutter.
It keeps me from opening the plotter cover and blowing dust off the fan.

greysquirrel

Only issue with Graftec is that if you have an issue..the plotter needs to be created up and shipped to an authorized repair location at your expense...even if it arrives damaged in shipping...

Summa/Roland's are repaired onsite

Only issue with Graftec is that if you have an issue..the plotter needs to be created up and shipped to an authorized repair location at your expense...even if it arrives damaged in shipping...

Summa/Roland's are repaired onsite

no they don't, you can find a local tech, I've taken mine Tyrell tech in Md for a fix . its easier and faster then shipping it around, and cheaper than a house call. a plotter is easy enough to transport yourself.