• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Equipment Day!

MNT_Printhead

Working among the Corporate Lizard People
:rock-n-roll: Now if they can just find the take up that goes with it :banghead:

Graphtec.jpg

MNT_Printhead

Just ordered up one of those myself. Anxiously awaiting arrival.
I didn't have time to get to know it today, just have tech set it up and learn that Onyx print-cuts are sending upside down. I am really looking forward to being able to cut from AI again and ditching SignLab. I have dreamed of full roll to roll cutting since 2010.

Now I need to decide what to do with the old 48" Summa S120D, I don't have shop space unless I want to put it in a warehouse and forget about it - it's blade holder broker and I was able to epoxy it back together. It needs to some TLC I don't have time for and replacing the blade holder equals replacing the entire assembly at a cost of around $1,500, don't think it's has much value for resale.

MNT_Printhead

Nah, it was freight to my vendor who recently merged, it arrived uncrated and preassembled, I just had to havee a couple of lift drivers movt it to the second floor after unloadining it with the driver. I was sad to see the Deco Merger but they are not going Grimco and fucking every thing up. I need to obtain over $100,00 dollars in LED double side sign cabs and they were cool and are trying there best to find me a non-whole sale vendor who can provide, and not taking a cut from a local wholesaler that said I should have them middle man it. The cost I list are for two stores and I am being told 5 more are on deck when the lease or land is found. Some estimatimator killed this - When I was at DSW, we were "trade only" while making thousands of channel letters for JCP.

I have been working tightty with Denco;s Reps and sale manager since the Tubelite merger and have been told it's a 40/51 and Tubelite can support them better financially. My new Rep is Paul former of Montroy in my area and he has been amazing. Denco's warehouse staff are on point and if I order something that has to be shipped the ship to their warehouse and inspect before it is delivered to me for use.

I can't wit to get into bar codes!

ikarasu

I love the 9000 series..m so much that I upgraded my 8600 at home to one.

Just got it today! Got it up and running, only thing left is to do the take up reel. I like to do setups myself... So it was fun to inbox and put together. Adding 2 pinch wheels was a bit of a pain, harder than on the 8600 but not too bad.

Just the barcode reader alone is worth it... Not having to walk to the PC to send cut files or find a random 20 digit barcode # in hundreds of numbers... I've been using graphtec since the early days, this is probably my 5th version... Not one has broken, just upgraded to get new features. One lasted over 10 years... I have to say this one is the biggest leap with the reader and take up reel though.

Grats on yours! Hope you find your take up soon

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I LOVE my 4 Graphtecs, about to add another one.

I use the graphtec barcodes and loading the files onto a USB for print/cut and it is so easy, you just print a roll and then the graphtec doesn't even need a computer to cut.
New summa user here, never used the bar codes before, but now I am and LOVEING it. Not even USB, the plotter is on the network, but I don't have to walk back to my computer in another room anymore to hit cut in cut server (onyx). Huge time saver , to have the machine read the bar code, and it takes off. Bonus, huge job with several print/cut jobs, it will read the next one in line. Truly set-it-forget-it... Go off and let it cut.
And... perf cut. Just figured that part out last Friday.
Love faster new toys to do the labor, frees me up for other things.

I'm a geek about learning new machines... Congrats again!

victor bogdanov

New summa user here, never used the bar codes before, but now I am and LOVEING it. Not even USB, the plotter is on the network, but I don't have to walk back to my computer in another room anymore to hit cut in cut server (onyx). Huge time saver , to have the machine read the bar code, and it takes off. Bonus, huge job with several print/cut jobs, it will read the next one in line. Truly set-it-forget-it... Go off and let it cut.

I hated my Summa S2T , glad it broke about 6 months ago. I knew the machine wasn't going to be great after the plastic pinch wheel lever broke after 6 months of use, it worked about 5 years, very picky with the blade settings and seems like 1/5 summa blades were duds and tips would chip off first 5 min of use. After trying roland, summa and graphtec cutters I prefer the graphtec

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Our summa is an upgrade from the POS Roland GR we got a few years ago. $7k disapointment. I made it work, but was never able to achieve full potential... Like the reasons it was purchased for. Ha, and now roland has out moded it. They must have gotten tired of supporting their lemon.
I'm still in newlywed mode with our new plotter, but I'm in love, and it's been more successful already with what I want and need to do.

ikarasu

Do you do a lot of cutting? Buy the optional take up reel if you don't have it and do! I was always envious of summa users for having the option until graphtec got it... Soon as graphtec came out with one we bought one.

We just did 12 rolls print and cut on our graphtec... It was awesome. Drop a roll in... Push a button, come back in a few hours... Swap to a new roll... Rinse and repeat. Occasionally it'll need a reload if the operator didn't load it straight enough.... But for the most part it's operator free.

we didn't so too much die cutting before... But now we take on more or delegate more to the graphtec since we got one.

jfiscus

Rap Master
You will love it once it is set up and working correctly, but until then it'll be a nightmare.
We almost returned ours before we got all the software (Onyx, Windows, Graphtec) to cooperate but now that it works it's amazing compared to our other plotters.

jfiscus

Rap Master
FYI, The Windows 10 (automatic) updates have played hell with our Onyx/Graphtec communications. Beware of when it updates, we have had to roll back a couple updates to keep them communicating.

MNT_Printhead

FYI, The Windows 10 (automatic) updates have played hell with our Onyx/Graphtec communications. Beware of when it updates, we have had to roll back a couple updates to keep them communicating.
Thank you that is very good to know. Using Onyx for non-print cuts has been something else. I spent over 6 hours trouble shooting SVG files that were rotating cut boxes, turns out it was because I rotated the box in AI, I went back and made it with out being rotated and it finally worked properly. I am hoping to cut from illustrator once I have the Graphtec on our network.

jfiscus

Rap Master
We really love the roll-to-roll cutting with barcodes. It has improved our workflow tremendously versus someone setting up the cutter and sending each individual cut file on each roll. It really does the work of an employee, freeing them up to work on other tasks.