• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Firmware (6.0.1.6) for L25500

E36

Fixes:
New ScanAxis Friction Algorithm (87:02 triggers)
Enable inter-pass delay modification
Avoid occasional SE 45.1:03
Incorrect Substrate Length tracking has been fixed
False PH Cleaning Cartridge Full message has been fixed
Straightness Optimization plot included

Get it here

dypinc

Hopefully it fixes the strange things that were happening with the previous firmware. Haven't seen anything strange yet but I haven't let it go into a long sleep yet. That is where some on the strange things happened.

Bly

When I load media now it asks if I want to keep the media advance settings or reset.
That's new isn't it?
I'm guess that would that be to keep panels in a job a similar length.

Suz

Dumb Questions

Okay, please don't think I"m dumb.:rolleyes:

My printer has been doing some weird things lately. My print jobs are getting cut off before the end of the job. This happens on the longer prints, usually prints that are 5' or longer. Drives me crazy!!!!

I usually print at 200 LPI and had not been having any problems with the printer stopping in the middle of a long print, unless I stopped it myself. I've tried reducing file sizes down to 72 lines per inch for banners and still having problems with printer stopping before it's done with my print.

I wasn't sure if these problems were happening because of my Software, or perhaps the firmware, or some other cause. I'm pretty sure it is not my print files. I've checked to make sure that nothing has changed in how we prepare the prints, files sizes, file types, what program we used to create the file for printing.

So, if it's the firmware (don't know yet if that is my problem) that needs to be changed, why did things change? Why is it suddenly different? We have not made any changes to the computer and the computer used to run our L25500 printer is not used for any other purpose.

Last week, I had to print a 25 foot, double sided banner. It was a hell of a job for me and shouldn't have been. First off, I have not perfected printing double-sided with the L25500 printer. My plan is to keep working on a process to successfully print double sided banners by coming up with the right heat settings, etc...

So, What I chose to do for my double sided 25 foot banner, was print on one side of a double-sided block out banner material, and print the other side by first using adhesive backed pressure sensitive material and wet-applying it to the other side of the banner. The process I chose worked fine, but I did have to print it in sections and apply it, which fortunately worked out fine for the project and the design. However, it was very time consuming and I did have some wasted material due to my printer stopping in the middle of my print. I don't remember the error message, it flashed on and off in the LCD screen too quickly for me to jot it down.

If you have any ideas why prints get cut off in the middle, please share your ideas. I won't think your dumb either. :Big Laugh

dypinc

To find out what those error messages are, log on to your printer web page (printer ip address) with a browser. Printers not on right now so I am not sure which tab it under, but with little hunting you should find where you can access the error info.

My guess you RIP/computer is no longer sending the job fast enough. Probably to many saved jobs filling up and fragmenting the HD. You should have a option to spool and RIP at the same time. Check that and make sure it is turned off so that all ripping is done before sending the job to the printer.

Also check your network. Is the connection still at 1000baseT? Routers and Switches are known to go bad. Also check cables even If directly connected. Reset connections etc. If your RIP has ever accessed the internet make sure nothing funny is going on, trojans, viruses etc.

E36

Okay, please don't think I"m dumb.:rolleyes:

My printer has been doing some weird things lately. My print jobs are getting cut off before the end of the job. This happens on the longer prints, usually prints that are 5' or longer. Drives me crazy!!!!

I usually print at 200 LPI and had not been having any problems with the printer stopping in the middle of a long print, unless I stopped it myself. I've tried reducing file sizes down to 72 lines per inch for banners and still having problems with printer stopping before it's done with my print.

I wasn't sure if these problems were happening because of my Software, or perhaps the firmware, or some other cause. I'm pretty sure it is not my print files. I've checked to make sure that nothing has changed in how we prepare the prints, files sizes, file types, what program we used to create the file for printing.

So, if it's the firmware (don't know yet if that is my problem) that needs to be changed, why did things change? Why is it suddenly different? We have not made any changes to the computer and the computer used to run our L25500 printer is not used for any other purpose.

Last week, I had to print a 25 foot, double sided banner. It was a hell of a job for me and shouldn't have been. First off, I have not perfected printing double-sided with the L25500 printer. My plan is to keep working on a process to successfully print double sided banners by coming up with the right heat settings, etc...

So, What I chose to do for my double sided 25 foot banner, was print on one side of a double-sided block out banner material, and print the other side by first using adhesive backed pressure sensitive material and wet-applying it to the other side of the banner. The process I chose worked fine, but I did have to print it in sections and apply it, which fortunately worked out fine for the project and the design. However, it was very time consuming and I did have some wasted material due to my printer stopping in the middle of my print. I don't remember the error message, it flashed on and off in the LCD screen too quickly for me to jot it down.

If you have any ideas why prints get cut off in the middle, please share your ideas. I won't think your dumb either. :Big Laugh

You can disable the cutting of media at the end of the job.