• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions New Guy Here

freshprints

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on mounting a sign to vinyl siding (picture below). Any hardware and frame recommendations? I was thinking aluminum sandwich in a frame of some sort but I just wasn’t sure.

Attachments

• 55ABCF66-087A-45EA-BC8C-0B1475EB3C96.jpeg
    55ABCF66-087A-45EA-BC8C-0B1475EB3C96.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 162

Bradley Signs

Bradley Signs
Generally there is plywood or OSB behind vinyl siding, which makes me wonder why no one filled all the other holes after they took the old signs down.
The weight is going to make a diff for sure.
If it's not to heavy, (the sign), toggle bolts might be enough.
All depends on the sign your making and what it is made of.
You can also pull back a piece of siding to see what is behind it, and there is a handy little tool for putting it back in place.
Investigate first Sherlock, and see if you can figure it out. Ask a construction guy or builder.
If you can measure and lag it to the wall, even better.

freshprints

Generally there is plywood or OSB behind vinyl siding, which makes me wonder why no one filled all the other holes after they took the old signs down.
The weight is going to make a diff for sure.
If it's not to heavy, (the sign), toggle bolts might be enough.
All depends on the sign your making and what it is made of.
You can also pull back a piece of siding to see what is behind it, and there is a handy little tool for putting it back in place.
Investigate first Sherlock, and see if you can figure it out. Ask a construction guy or builder.
If you can measure and lag it to the wall, even better.

thanks for the advice! I took a picture of the sign that is in the unit next to this office. Not sure if that helps get a better idea or not.

Attachments

• 8D376CFC-437B-4B76-9DDA-2DC7CE242CBD.jpeg
    8D376CFC-437B-4B76-9DDA-2DC7CE242CBD.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 144