• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Guy Introduces Himself

natedev

Hello All,
My name is Nate, I live in the CNY area and started a business not too long ago in which I sell t-shirts. However, one of my hobbies has always been painting just about anything and everything in sight. I would like to try and use masks with some of my designs, but I have absolutely zero knowledge when it comes to plotters, cutters and the like. I have been browsing the boards, but is there any book out there that I can pick up that will lead me in the right direction? I may expand my business to signs down the road, but first I think a little basic knowledge will help.
Thank you.

Nate

nodrenim

Welcome aboard, CNY I used to live in NNY myself. Found the south more to my liking, much too cold in the north, you know.

natedev

nodrenim said:
Welcome aboard, CNY I used to live in NNY myself. Found the south more to my liking, much too cold in the north, you know.
Yes I know, can get pretty cold up here at times. This winter has been quite strange. 50 degrees one day, then 10 degrees the next. Thanks for the welcomes everyone.

Does anyone have any advice for my question in my first post? Thanks again.

Welcome, Nate. Look on the websites of any major sign supply company. Most have a big selection of books on everything...t-shirt printing, vinyl signs, digital printing, airbrushing, etc.
Beacon Graphics, JSI Sign Supply, Signwarehouse to name a few. I saw earlier we have a new merchant member, Ordway Sign Supply who might be able to help you.

sandblast_dude

Not sure if it is the same or not, but I know this company offers a pretty good "beginner" book for starting an engraving business using plotters, masking, etc. She is a very nice lady.
This company actually engraves rocks. Like I said, I have no idea if the plotters are even remotely similar. Maybe it will help...or not.
Web Site: www.stonewise.com