• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

new here

umbratint

Hello everybody, my name is Nino and I'm in the window tinting business. I just bought a plotter graphtec fc7000-75 for paint protection purposes and I want to learn about cutting vinyl as well. It seems that I found great place to learn so I hope that you won't mind my newbie questions.

proinet

Welcome Nino! I have a question for you -- do you do automotive window tinting, or flat glass like in commercial buildings? Don't some companies use plotters to cut the tint film for autos?

Regards,
Jim

umbratint

Thanks everyone for worm welcome.
proinet said:
Welcome Nino! I have a question for you -- do you do automotive window tinting, or flat glass like in commercial buildings? Don't some companies use plotters to cut the tint film for autos?

Regards,
Jim

I do mainly automotive with some flat glass every now and then.
I know that film manufacturer/distributer bekaert sells software for window tint cutting and tint tek would be anotner one.
I cut everything free hand.