• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New HP L25500 Is CRAZY SWEET!!

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Hey guys did the full on training and demo of the new 42" and 60" latex machines if anyone has any questions shoot them out while the info is still fresh in my pee brain. This printer is really the coolest most innovative thing I have seen in 12 years. It literally can print on anything coated or uncoated.

The biggest advantage I see is that the heads are user replacable so you never have to wait for a tech to install your heads. There is no outgassing wait times so as soon as it comes off the printer its ready for lamination or installation. There is no maintence needed in the morning to clean heads or anything like that. Its faster then 99% of the solvent printers like Roland, Mutoh, and Mimaki.

This machine should do very well in the market thats for sure, I think every client that showed up ordered one for sure. They wont ship though until January.

KevSign

I got chance to see at HP open house in Anaheim, CA. I think, I will get this printer. Before get this will sale my Mutoh valuejet 1604 in Great Condition.

Case

Advantage is having an open house for the HP L25500 latex on Dec.9th in their Schaumburg,IL branch... Some free profile training and Q&A session as well...

Get a hold of Molenbeek on the boards for pricing as well...

Case

went to an open house at my local dealer before i bought my roland. i was choosing between the roland and hp...chose the roland. the hp was nice and not much more than the roland.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I will shoot you all pricing on the 60" shortly. It runs 6 colors (Cyan,Mag,Yellow,Black,Light Cyan, Light Magenta) I have a very crazy deal on the 42" models if anyone is interested in those too.

Sign Eagle

I had a demo at a local distributor on HP and Roland. When starting both machines at the same time, the Roland finished first, took 30 -35 minutes for the HP heater to get up to temp. When running both machines at 120 sq ft per hr, the HP had noticable banding which the Roland didn't. When the the media was changed, the HP took 15 -20 minute to get up to temperature again. I have seen good prints come off the HP, but to get them it seem to need a lot of passes which equals loss speed. I like the idea of the dry print, but with the slow warm up and slower speed for a high quality, no band, print, just seems like some more development is needed before I will go in that direction.

Case

The heat up time would be somewhat of a negative to some... But zero outgas time outweighs the heat up time..........Lamination can happen instantly with no fear.............

Also, must have been the machine that you have seen or media... I have seen several HP L25500's on several different medias at low and high passes with no banding........... The OMAS on the HP's works very well....

Must have been the individual machine, media or some factor on why you seen the banding...... i haven't see it even in some of the fast modes....

Anything is possible............

I would like to see it out in the field longer, but I hands down would pick the HP over the Roland...

Case