• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question New HP L365 having issues printing to 3M gloss materials

javagod

Manager
Hello:
Just replaced my HP L260 (almost 10 years old) with a new HP L365. It came DOA but that's another story for another time. It prints great (now that it's fixed) but I'm having issues with gloss 3M IJ40 and IJ180. I'm getting what appears to be a stretching pattern that kind of snakes it way through the graphic. I'm not having that issues with the matte IJ-40 or any other item at this point. It appears I need to start playing with the temp and number of passes according to HP. The tech, like most techs I've dealt with over the years wanted to shift the blame to 3M saying that these material profiles were not longer certified by HP and it's been an issue. Does anyone have their profiles tweaked to fix this issue?

There is something called a Collibre that sort of resembles a zipper that can snake its way in the media travel direction. Note that this is actually coming from the backing paper, and not the vinyl itself, and goes away when the vinyl is mounted to a surface.

P Wagner

karst41

There is something called a Collibre that sort of resembles a zipper that can snake its way in the media travel direction. Note that this is actually coming from the backing paper, and not the vinyl itself, and goes away when the vinyl is mounted to a surface.

P Wagner
I am running rolls of IJ 180 on the HP L560. And seeing the same patterns, and is obvious it is
in the liner. The liner is very thin now. Too thin.

karst41

Hello:
Just replaced my HP L260 (almost 10 years old) with a new HP L365. It came DOA but that's another story for another time. It prints great (now that it's fixed) but I'm having issues with gloss 3M IJ40 and IJ180. I'm getting what appears to be a stretching pattern that kind of snakes it way through the graphic. I'm not having that issues with the matte IJ-40 or any other item at this point. It appears I need to start playing with the temp and number of passes according to HP. The tech, like most techs I've dealt with over the years wanted to shift the blame to 3M saying that these material profiles were not longer certified by HP and it's been an issue. Does anyone have their profiles tweaked to fix this issue?

I see the same thing. Its the liner. Also important upload the media profile into the printer.

My other problem with the 180 is the loading tends to curl back the vinyl and the adhesive, hangs up.
The liner is too thin. 3m trying to save pennies.